Friday, May 26, 2006

So Far So Good

Today Total: 5k
Week Total: 5k
Month Total: 136k
Year Total: 1103k

Well hopefully the drama queen era is behind me - well for a while I hope anyway.

My legs pulled up fine after SMH - a bit tight in both quads but nothing to write home about. If it wasn't for my back I could have run the next day - unfortunately though my back has been giving all sorts of grief and running has not been an option all week.

It's a bloody miderable thing a really crook back and as positive a chappie as I normally am it was really starting to get me down. Fortunately when I awoke this mornining I immediately noticed a marked reduction in pain level and the longer the day has gone on the better it has felt.

It is amazing the difference not being in pain has made to my disposition and when I got home from work I thought hang it I'll risk a run! Commonsense prevailed though and I just did a quick 5k dash around Concrod Golf Course.

All good :-)

5k in 25.08 (av 5.02)

I won't make a decision on CR 5k Challenge till I get out of bed tomorrow. Speaking of tomorrow - 6 hours of tedium in store for me while I do my National Coaching Accreditation refresher - having done a number of these over the years it is like watching paint dry! No - I retract that - watching paint dry is interesting by comparison!

7 comments:

Jen said...

Yay for you!

Katie said...

I hear you about the pain 2P... there was a week there where people just had look at me and I cried~ good insight to those who have chronic pain, tough cookies!!!

Hopefully see you tommorow!

Dave said...

The back is back, good to hear!

Is there any difference in enjoyment between watching enamel or gloss paint dry?

Superflake said...

Glad the back is getting better. Maybe some small japanese woman walked on your back while you were asleep for a massage.
I've heard both paint and enamel aspire to be water running down a glass window. That's the olympics to them.

Tesso said...

All good alright! And that really was a quick dash, just over 5 min kms.

Hope you make it to the 5k challenge.

Hilda said...

Great your back is ok now!

Good luck on the challenge!

Mandy said...

I had back pain all the time before I started running...to the point of screaming pain if I tried to move, which left me stuck at home making my neighbours wonder....has only happened to me once since, and that is when I blew the ankle and couldn't run for awhile..I have to run if I want to be walking next week!
Good to see you back at it!