Sunday, May 07, 2006

Long Run, Fun Run

Today Total: 22k
Week Total: 74k
Month Total: 74k
Year Total: 1041k

Well time for another bold experiment -  do a 16.55k warm-up @ sub 2 hour half marathon pace before for a 5.45k race and see how I go. Pretty predictable hypothesis I would contend ;-)

Got up to Gwandalan on Saturday arvo to discover the Great Gwandy Gallop was scheduled for Sunday morning - not sure how I let this one slip under the radar - I really do need to pay more attention.

What to do? What to do?

Given the SMH Half is in 2 weeks I didn't want to miss doing my long run as I've been feeling a little under-cooked in this department. I missed last weeks longun and the 2 longuns before that were both at low heartrate. For specificity reasons I wanted a faster one under my belt this weekend as prep for SMH and as the fun run didn't start till 9.00am the only thing for it was to do the majority of my long run first then back up for the fun run.

Finished the first 16.55k in 1.32.59 (av 5.36) @ av heartrate of 156bpm (84%). A quick munch on an FX protein bar a drink an then walked off to the fun run start for registration.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I've just got out of bed and you've already run 22k! Good one 2P!

Wobbly man said...

Sounds good 2P. I have this sneaking suspicion that you are onto something here. Can't wait to hear how you go on your goal run.