Friday, January 12, 2007

A Touch Of Speed

Today Total: 6k
Week Total: 24k
Month Total: 90k
Year Total: 90k

What a gorgeous morning for running :-) I left it a bit late to get out but as I always find running in heat enervating this was no drama.

I've been trying to get at least one speed session in per week but with feeling blahish earlier in the week and a longish run planned for Sunday I didn't want to toast the leggies too much given that today is Friday - 3 x 1k repeats should just get them a light golden brown.

The goal was to go sub 4.30 for each repeat.

4.27
4.29
4.27

Mission accomplished.

It means I could just about keep up with Steve L for one kilometre of his medium long training runs - I wouldn't be much company though - it's hard to talk when you are breathing so hard you are about to blow your lungs inside out :-)

14 comments:

Ellie80 said...

phwoar - nice speed work!

Spud said...

Nice reps 2P, it was beautiful out there this morning but man it was humid. That longish run wouldn't happen to be on a certain trail nearby ;-)

Simlin said...

Always love your descriptive work.

miners said...

good job on the grill there mate - it takes a fine hand to be able to get medium rare work done on the legs while ensuring there's no pink or dark toughness in the result

Hilda said...

Great you have the perfect company to run faster, after, you can talk :P

Stephen Lacey said...

Good job! The point is, you can run that fast. It is only a matter of conditioning and maybe shedding another bag of cement before you can keep it for 10 or 15 km! It gets interesting when we benchmark ourselves against others. When I read Sparkie's blog I feel altogether awed.

And by the way, check the dictionary on the meaning of enervating. I think you might have meant energising.

Tesso said...

Nice job on the 1ks. Its always good to achieve goals in training.

PS Eat more Natto :-)

CJ said...

Attempt #2 - I somehow lost my first comment!

I know the feeling - the breathing so hard you are about to blow your lungs inside out feeling!

Superflake said...

Nice reps mate. It always feels good to run fast. Hard work in the heat today though. Nice.

Vicky said...

Great consistacy there 2P.

MAR.

running uphill said...

Nice times 2P. Thanks for the English lesson Stephen. I would suggest invigorating (unfortunately the hot weather doesn't have the same effect on me!)

Ewen said...

Getting there 2P - not quite enough for a 22:XX yet (hint, hint).

You're fast enough to run with CJ for a kilometre of her ACT 10,000m Championship winning run!

Horrie said...

Great effort 2p in knocking out the sub 4:30s. It's only a matter of time when you can string 10 or more of them together to go sub 45 for 10km and sub 95 for the half. ;-)

Shane said...

Very nice 2p, great consistency and controlled splits.

It would be nice to reach a happy medium with speed and endurance. I guess that's the challenge of running concentrate on one facet more than the other and you body will certainly tell you of your pitfalls.

Happens to me far too often :-)