Thursday, January 11, 2007

Clear & Fine

Today Total: 12k
Week Total: 18k
Month Total: 84k
Year Total: 84k

After a couple of decidedly blahish days I really needed a run and given the prediction is for a stinker today I needed to do it this morning.

I felt really rusty over the first couple of k's but it was one of those runs that just got better the further I went.

It was absolutely still around the foreshore and the water was like glass - the surface tension only broken by the early morning rowers.

I pulled a 2 minute negative split for the back 6k which is pleasing given the back six is the hilly bit - I struggled on the flat more if anything as after running hilly trails for the last couple of weeks I found it a bit repetitive and tedious - how ya gonna keep em down on the farm......

Final k in 5.02 - had it under 5min pace but the last little hill just knocked me over - anyhoo I'm happy with the strongish finish.

All up 12k in 67.45 @ 5.39av.

:-)

6 comments:

Superflake said...

I wish I'd been out running this morning in the cool air. I find sometimes you slow down on the flat because it is easier after pushing the downs/ups. Should push the flat harder in races I guess.

Vicky said...

Hate those 'blahish' days!
But love the runs that keep feeling better the further you go.
6ks is almost as long as it gets for me right now - so don't knock it! (But you not for much longer I feel!)

MAR.

Ewen said...

Sounds like a perfect morning. I'm attempting the 'you know what' tonight. Not confident you'll need to have the beers chilled though.

Jen said...

Flats are boring. Give me a nasty hill any day ;-)

BTW, I'm gaining on you in our little challenge ;-)

Tesso said...

Face it 2P, you're a mountain man. And I suppose you love mountain women :-))))) (an oldy but a goody)

Katie said...

Don't you hate when a hill mucks you up!!!