Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Easier 7k

Today Total: 7k
Week Total: 23k
Month Total: 23k
Year Total: 23k

All except for the second kilometer of this run was a much easier hit out than I've been doing lately.

The second k is exclusively uphill and I  gave it some - splitting in 5.57 and sucking in the big ones - I was heartened that when things flattened out I easily went back to a comfy 5.35(ish) pace.

With 250m to go I turned the wick up a bit to finish the last k in 5.11 to give me a total of 7k in 39.08 @ 5.35 average.

Very enjoyable recovery run :-)

7 comments:

Tesso said...

Do you have a set pgm for the remainder of your 6ft training eg speed sessions, hill reps, etc ?

Jen said...

Geez, that's pretty fast for a recovery run. Looks like the race to 47 is on ;-)

Ewen said...

Don't give Tesso and secrets or ideas ;)

I take it the 'kilometers' are for your American readers?

Superflake said...

No please no countdown clock for Six Foot. I'm already worried I'll be underdone on the endurance side of things. Actually I'm not I have a secret plan of training runs mapped out.

Hilda said...

Many runs like this on the way to six foot track :)

Shane said...

I remember looking at your countdown a while back and it was well over a hundred days, now only 62 gee time flys.

You have had a few solid months of training judging by your monthly totals and are showing some good speed, look forward to reading your progress towards 6ft.

Happy new year!

Spark Driver said...

With all your hills you have been running lately 6 Foot will be a walk in the park.