Thursday, January 25, 2007

Finally

Today Total: 12k
Week Total: 12k
Month Total: 208k
Year Total: 208k

I pulled up really shattered after last Sunday and have felt really flat ever since. I've also had excessively tight calves (out of proportion with the rest of the bod) which is the Evil Twins way of telling me to "back off or we'll injure you ya big galoot".

So heeding their not so veiled threat I gave myself 3 full days off - but by today I was Mr Grumpy - and I mean Mr Grumpy big time. The twins still had me hobbling when I got out of bed this morning - the smart arses. Only one thing for it - time to assert control - the twins have run amok for long enough! Run time!!!

When I got home from work early I rubbed some gel into the twins which shut the little bastards up and as they were still choking on it I headed out the door for my 12k micro hill loop.

It's amazing what 3 days off will do for you - I thought I was running slowly but when I went through the first k in 5.28 I suspected I was in for a good one. I probably ran the 3rd km a bit quick in 5.03 and deliberately slowed up only exerting on the hills to keep my pace sub 5.30. Gave the last km a serve and pulled a 4.53 for the last split which was pretty satisfying.

Anyhoo - all up 12k in 64.15 @ 5.21 av. My first sub 65 min 12k training run in a good while - mood much improved :-)

13 comments:

Simlin said...

Muhahahahahaha!

sorry, just needed to do an evil twins laugh...

Shane said...

Cheeky Buggers! Nice to see you showed them who's boss :-)

Great running there, a rather nice split to finish off. Well Done!

Tesso said...

Great work!

Hope its happy 2P and not Captain Grumpy at the 5k Challenge on Saturday.

miners said...

Oh, he's always captain grumpy tess

Ewen said...

The evil twins will have their revenge on Saturday morning... While on the subject, 'easing up' rather than 'kick' finishes are much kinder to niggling injuries ;)

Superflake said...

Nice run 2p. Hope the evil twins are ok tomorrow morning. And I see you just cracked the 200k for the month. It's all good.

Stephen Lacey said...

2P, great run, but Ewen has a point. Do you do a cool down km or two after the hard finish? I know it is anonoying to upset the averages with slow warmups and cool downs, but training is training and races are races. Don't confuse the two. Just my 2c.

D said...

I think most of our families can relate to the mr or ms grumpy when we cannot run! Great run!

TD said...

That is one zippy run, 2P, and no wonder you mood is much improved. Well done.

Spud said...

Gotta love a fast finish, have a good one at the bay.

Jen said...

Smokin' :-)

running uphill said...

Sounds like a great run, obviously the extra rest days paid off.

Vicky said...

Hope the twins (love it!) pull their heads in now and fall back into line... They have been told!

Good run.

MAR.