Friday, January 19, 2007

Stirring The Ewen Pot

Today Total: 6k
Week Total: 29k
Month Total: 165k
Year Total: 165k

Still in recovery mode from Sunday's big day out - calves, right quad and left hammie are all still a bit sore so I've kept this weeks runs short and focussed on quality and leg speed.

I didn't want to risk a short speed session so settled on a 6k tempo instead as a fair compromise. After a trip to the beach Mrs 2P dropped me at the corner of the Old Pacific Highway and Kanagra Drive (the road into Gwandalan) and I ran home on the dirt track beside the roadway.

All up 6k in 29.22 @ 4.54 av - my first sub 5 min pace training run in a very long time - obviously the big hills I've been doing are having a positive impact on my leg speed - happy 2P :-)

4 comments:

D said...

OH goodness, you are only 49 days away from 6ft - time flies! Based on your speedy times, I would say your training is going great!

Tesso said...

That's fantastic, sub 5s on a training run!

Is the 5k Challenge next Saturday? You'd be in with a chance of a very good run :-)

CJ said...

I am definitely in recovery mode today - my calves are complaining (almost fell out of bed because they wouldn't work!), my hips and quads are a bit stiff....This hill running thing is hard work!!!!

Good work on yor sub-5min run - its obviously working for you!!!!!

Ewen said...

Geez, you deleted the one which had the most comments! I've heard that 16k the day before a 5k race is the perfect taper ;)