Thursday, March 30, 2006

Geez That Feels Good!

Today Total: 10k
Week Total: 30k
Month Total: 185k
Year Total: 712k

I am a very happy 2P :-)

I have not been game due to my calves to do a genuine shorter speed session for quite a few summers - I've dabbled a bit with a few 1k repeats and some 500m cruise intervals - but today after 6k warm up (I was pretty warm) I did 5 X 400's with a 90s standing recovery.

They went:

91s
84s
84s
87s
91s

90 seconds was right for recovery and 5 was definitely the right number because I really dropped form on the last one and had the head wobble thing happening over the last 30 or so meters.

It felt really great to stretch it out and hold some form - might even be tempted to do some really short stuff soon just for fun.

14 comments:

Tesso said...

Wow, that's fast!!! Maybe you should forget all this ultra stuff and become one of those showy sprinters :-)

Stephen Lacey said...

Well done, bloke.

Wobbly man said...

...not bad for an old fella!

Hilda said...

Good energy, great mood, that is what makes us the joy of life!!

Bennyr said...

That´s great 2P!

Just be careful, mate.

Cheers,

Gronk said...

Agree with jungle man above. :)

Spark Driver said...

Good effort there 2P.

Katie said...

Great work 2P! I am with you I really enjoy the shorter stuff and track stuff... a bit harder to do when training for 6ft and a marathon~ now you can enjoy it! Told you I will be chasing you next month!

Clairie said...

...and the man keeps running!

Great news 2P. Think you had better rub those calves tonight to reward them for not playing up.

Ewen said...

Good 400s 2P! Running fast is fun. You had fun :-)

Don Juan said...

Show pony.

Impressive times. I thought you were built more like Asafa Powell than Moneghetti.

D said...

It is GREAT when 2P is happy. Nice fast stuff!

Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton