Friday, March 10, 2006

Once More Into The Breach?

Hi all,

I have a confession to make - the blog of my run last Sunday was not as comprehensive as it might have been. Over the last 3k my ITB/quad really flared up quite badly - one of the reasons I ran the last k fast - I just wanted to get home ;-)

By Wednesday I knew I was in strife so booked into see a sport performance massuese who did some mighty fine work (though he was a tad fascinated by the Evil Gastroc Twins and I had to keep bringing his attention back to Ugly Step Sister). He recommended a light jog for Wednesday night which I did but unfortunately it made matters worse.

Thursday was a real roller coaster both physically and emotionally as I was limping even when just walking on the flat. A visit to my Chiro (Saint Andrew) made an amazing difference to the pain level - confirming the biomechanical component to this injury - and I was able to walk for 40 mins last night with no pain on the flat but I could feel it pulling on any ups or downs. I bit the bullet and put 10kg of ice into my cold bath last night and then slept in Skins.

This morning I am still aprehensive but the injury is a lot better, I have another massage scheduled for noon so it is fingers crossed.

I really don't want to miss Six Foot it is such a terrific event, but if I can't go for a warm up jog in the morning without pain I will not start. I reckon its about an even money bet for the punters out there.

Please no soppy comments - but all positive vibes will be gratefully accepted.

With apologies to Mr Shakespeare:

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers (and sisters); For he (or she) to-day that sheds his (or her) blood (or any other bodily fluids including sweat for that matter) with me shall be my brother (or sister); be he (or she) ne'er so vile, this day shall gentle his (or her) condition: And gentlepeople everywhere now a-bed Shall think themselves accursed they were not here, And hold their manhoods (or womanhoods) cheap whiles any speaks that ran with us upon this Six Foot Track

:-)

10 comments:

Lulu said...

But I want to leave a soppy comment!

oh alright then, I'll just send the positive vibes your way.

Dave said...

I'm vibing like crazy!!

Katie said...

No soppy comments :-) I hace crossed evry thing and sending lots of good thoughts your way!!
Take care :-)
You always do Team J proud!!

Clairie said...

Suck it up and get out there you hypochondriac.

(well you did say nothing soppy :)

Keep us posted,

Stephen Lacey said...

I'll hold my manhood. God knows, nobody else will. And yes, it is cheap. Very.

In all seriousness, all fingers are crossed for you. But whatever happens, I know you are big enough and ugly enough to deal with it. Good luck...

miners said...

it certainly has been a roller coaster mate. Hopefully the adrenaline of the day will tip you well past that 50%, and you'll have an unforgettable race - for all the right reasons.

Don't sprain your neck gawking at the semi-naked CR cheersquad members

Jen said...

I want to leave a soppy comment too :-( Alright, alright - I'll just say you rock.

Postive vibes (as always) coming your way. See you on the morrow,

J xx

PS Love that quote. How appropriate!

TA and the Gnome said...

2P, you've given me so much encouragement when I've been having difficulties, now it's time for me to drag it all out from where I've stored it and GIVE IT ALL BACK!!

May the wisdom fairy be riding on your shoulder (and remember, there's a nice flat little backup run in about, oh, about 4 weeks time should you unfortunately find yourself with a whole bunch of training going to waste...

Gnome

R2B said...

Best of British!
Your wise enough to do whats good for you,and if you can't make this one then there will be another next year (i'll be there too!)

Cheers R2B

CJ said...

Must have been all those positive vibes 2P because i just read on the CR site that you did 6ft - well done and good on ya'! Looking forward to the race report. Hopwe the recovery goes well - you deserve it!

Well done again!