Sunday, March 19, 2006

Flight Of The Phoenix

Today Total: 15k
Week Total: 15k
Month Total: 111k
Year Total: 638k

Well for the last 7 days I have done no training whatsoever, nada, zip, nuffin - about the most energetic thing I've done is get up to change the channel on the tele when I couldn't find the remote.

I actually didn't pull up too badly after Six Foot - I was a bit sore in the quads and calves but because I really didn't push it at Six Foot this year I felt heaps better than I have on previous attempts.

Of course my right ITB wasn't the happiest muscle on the planet and my left calf was a bit tight too. So I was back to doing the crab thing down stairs again. Failure to trim my big toe nails also means they are history and it is just such an exquisit joy wearing leather shoes to work :-)

Whilst I'm whinging - the other thing is I had recurring stomach cramps all week - not sure what they were about but they only really started to fade yesterday but are gone today. Ok end of whinge.

I'm in Bathurst to visit the Halfpenny this weekend and I had 3 hours to kill this morning while HP was at eistedfodd training so with no tummy cramps or any discernable pain anywhere I felt compelled to have a run before I turn into a bigger jelly belly than I already am.

So after dropping HP I did the 15k loop from the Bathurst PCYC out around 11 Mile Drive and through Eglinton and back to Bathurst.

The Ugly Step Sister resisted at first but after about 500m decided to join the team. It was nice running with cows and horses for company and I was just happy to keep clicking over sub 6 min k's - I even threw in a couple of walk breaks and at 3 and 7k stopped for a stretch - just because :-)

At 10k the Ugly Step Sister decided she didn't want to play anymore and commenced protesting - not really a fair dinkum protest, but enough for me to realise I better throw a bit more work Easy Tigers way.

Finished in 1.26.32 (av 5.46) so I'm pretty happy with that as a first up effort after Six Foot :-)

12 comments:

Lulu said...

Great to see you've recovered adn the USS is not being too much of a pain. I'm sure Easy Tiger will be happy to see her again!

Don Juan said...

You must have been itching to get out there. That's a fair hit out first run back. Doing better than me.

CJ said...

I think that's pretty awesome considering what you were running just over a week ago. Think I'd still be thinking about it!

Gronk said...

Welcome back 2P. :)

Katie said...

From nothing to 15km... you do not do it in halfs ;-) Great to see you out and about again and that the various niggles are not too bad!!!

Take care and catch up soon hopefully!

Stephen Lacey said...

Good job! Give the man some bling...

Like Kit says, you seem to have runner's syndrome whereby anything under 10k seems like hardly worth the effort. I know the feeling. But seriously, take it easy with those stressed body parts.

Tesso said...

Sounds like a nice 'first run back' 2P. But hey, weren't you running with a cow last weekend as well. People will start to talk ;-)

Spark Driver said...

A recovery run after 6 foot perhaps? Well done.

R2B said...

well you don't appear to do things by halves so your going well!

Ewen said...

Does your ugly step sister read your blog 2P?

Rachel said...

Hi 2P thanks for your welcome. Loved your 6 Foot Track report. I feel queezy thinking about that big toe nail!

miners said...

eh, what's this? 2P training again?

Nice recovery run mate - decent distance to get around at that pace in. Now we just need you to add a third line to your events table for 2006 ;)