Thursday, March 02, 2006

Hill Test

Today Total: 13k
Week Total: 33k
Month Total: 25k
YearTotal: 552k

Edit: Turns out I think I just ran too close to a business lunch.... Friday and feeling much brighter, legs are fresh and getting toey (looking for narrower gaps in the traffic to sprint though crossing the road)

I'd always planned to do a single lap of Quarry Road as part of my taper but since the "flare up" this session took on a different significance - I wanted to see how the old pins felt about hills.

Not wanting to be under any pressure I left the watch in the car. I took off at a moderate pace and I felt pretty good down the hill across the creek and up the other side with no dramas from the legs at all not needing to walk until the last little bit past where the new toilet is.

When I got to the top flattish bit I didn't feel so flash and just took it easy to the far side gate but on the return journey I felt as sick as a dog - no idea why - I ended up taking regular walk breaks on the way back - the good news is the legs are fine.

Oh and my chin is great too :-)

8 comments:

Stephen Lacey said...

Huh? What happened to your chin? Did I miss something? Did you hit the deck or something?

Glad the legs are feeling good. How hot was it out there? Is that why you ended up feeling crook?

Tesso said...

Good news on the legs. Not good you didn't feel well :-(

CJ said...

Are you feeling better now? Do you have any idea why you were feeling sick? Take it easy now - its not long to the big day.

Katie said...

I am soooo glad your legs felt ok. I know why you did not feel flash... the ITB, calf niggles or the looming 6ft track has not got you to rest yet hehehe so it threw a bit of nausea your way! Good work... now please put your feet up :-) See you soon!!!

TA and the Gnome said...

What Kit said!!

Gnome :-)

Gronk said...

Time to listen to your body 2P. Enjoy your taper mate. :)

Spark Driver said...

Aahhh a business lunch... I have heard about them hehe ;-)

Clairie said...

Why is the good ole business lunch always the culprit???

Good to see the legs holding up but as with others...I have no idea about the chin???