Saturday, March 11, 2006

Six Foot Track

Today Total: 45k
Week Total: 50k
Month Total: TBA
Year Total: TBA

Well whilst I couldn't actually run completely without pain this morning it was very manageable and so I fronted up for Six Foot - good decision :-)

Finished in 6.02 - not as fast as I originally planned - but I'll take it :-) :-) :-)

ITB/quad behaved till 18k then gave me a bit of gyp (but bearable gyp) from there on in. Adductors on the same leg threatened to cramp on the middle hill of the Deviation - the steepest part of the course at approximately 36k. A quick bit of massage and the potential disaster was averted.

Flew the last steep downhill 2k in 12 mins passing bucketloads of people and only being bested once - I only wish I was as good on the ups!

Will post a full report over the next couple of days (still in the mountains tonight) - but I can't leave this post without thanking all the wonderful bloggers for their support and encouragement - so ta :-)

11 comments:

Wobbly man said...

Congrats mate - so good to hear yesterday that you not only started but also finished. Well done! Time for a beer or two while getting better?

Spark Driver said...

Well done there 2P. I was a little worried that you may not have made it. Good on you!

Don Juan said...

Congratulations 2Ps,
top judgment call to start, and gutsy performance to pull it off.

About time you made ultras the number one gig ;-)

Clairie said...

Hi There 2p. You amaze me. Here we all were worried about your legs all the while you are up there at 6ft pushing them over, up, down and across the finish line.

An amazing effort. Can't wait to read the full report. Well done matey.

Lulu said...

It was great to see you at the top of the stairs and charging through the finish! Gutsy stuff Mr 2P!

Tesso said...

Ah 2P, once again you did Team J proud! It had to be the highlight of my weekend to see your name there in the list of some finshers that Superflake posted. Before that I wasn't even sure that you made the start line.

Huuuuge congrats. Can't wait to read all about it.

Jen said...

Given that world peace didn't turn on the outcome of your run, I'll just say: nice work :-)

I want to be as mentally tough as you when I grow up. Seriously, nothing I can say (type?) will convey how bloody happy I am for you, nor how much your run has affected my own thinking about what I am capable of.

Enjoy your recovery :-)

strewth said...

Fantastic result. Well done! Sounds like an amazing experience.

Stephen Lacey said...

Was thrilled to see your name and finishing time on CR. I was able to relax and enjoy the rest of the weekend after that. Very proud of you and very happy for you.

Bernie G said...

I was very happy to see you had made it to the start and finished with a great time. You deserved it.

Hilda said...

You made it!!

Even with that awful ITB giving you problems.
Thanks for inspiring, for teaching so much!!