Thursday, March 23, 2006

Achey Lakey

Today Total: 8k
Week Total: 18k
Month Total: 129k
Year Total: 656k

In Canberra for work and I couldn't resist my traditional dash down through Telopia Park and then a prance through the goose poop along the lake.

The Ugly Step Sister kept up a consistent but bearable moan right from the start today - but not the stabbing pain I finished with yesterday so not so bad.

In keeping with my new policy of developing some speed (kind of) I pushed the 3rd and 5th k's out in a sub 5 min pace. The plan is not to do any real fair dinkum speed work though till I have properly recovered from Six Foot - but these relatively faster k's are just my way of putting my legs and lungs on notice for what is to come.

On the way back four hot air balloons had commenced their somewhat majestic ascent into the calm skies over la la land and I would have loved to have stopped and watched the show but the need to get to a  breakfast meeting on time won out.

8k in 43.34 (av 5.27).

5 comments:

Lulu said...

At least it's nice and flat in Canberra so that will help the Ugly Step Sister!

miners said...

love the reminder of the hot air balloons and the goose poop - my most fondest memories of my last race down there ...

Keep up the rhyming post titles - the next one has to incorporate a snake encounter

Tesso said...

Better still a cake encounter :-)

Wobbly man said...

.. or a rake encounter. A bit cool this morning was it?

Spark Driver said...

Achey Lakey? Don't tell me you are also a Billy Ray Cyrus fan?