Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Bad Rabbits

Today Total: 10k
Week Total: 20k
Month Total: 175k
Year Total: 702k

My 2nd run in just a smidge over 12 hours was never going to be real flash but I wanted to run again this morning to get back into some good training habits as I try to claw back some consistency after Six Foot and injury. For me the lure of the pm run is the first step on a very slippery slope to slugsville.

I had just the vaguest niggle in the ITB today so to be safe I took a couple of walk breaks and a couple of stretch breaks which meant I was on the road for 67 minutes for the 10k - I don't know what the actual running time was cause I didn't hit the pause button - not important today.

The main thing was I leapt out of bed (ok so I rolled out of bed and crawled on my hands and knees to the bathroom - briefly detouring via the kitchen to reach up from the floor and fumble for the on/off switch on the kettle) at 5.00am and some time after that was doing a barely credible impersonation of a runner around the streets of Concord and environs - good job it was dark :-)

9 comments:

Lulu said...

5am that's an ungodly hour to be up in my book! Glad to see the USS is behaving.

Hilda said...

Oh yeah, consistency. I have that in my mind too today, certainly not the same level but intentionally....

Ellie80 said...

and here i thought you were actually talking about rabbits :)

hope all stays niggle free!

Bennyr said...

Good work, 2P. I need to be able to harness the motivation to do this sort of stuff to get myself back on track.

Keep on stretching!

Cheers,
Ben

Tesso said...

Yikes .... 5am .... dark .... this whole injury thing may not be so bad after all ;-)

Keep-a bloody stetching Maria.

Katie said...

It was only just starting to get light at the end of out run this morning... almost need a miners lamp!

Don Juan said...

It's all over if you become a PM jogger. A parody of an athlete.
Beyond salvation.

D said...

Smart running 2P! You are a veteran!

Unknown said...

The haversack of a lv"
. As for louis vuitton
, the designers accept their own cast value, even for their Louis vuitton bags
. louis vuitton handbags
is so abiding and accept able ability for water-proof and fire-proof.