Sunday, March 26, 2006

Easy Gwandy

Edit: Tesso keeps hassling me to put up photo's of Gwandalan (peaceful waters in the local indigenous dialect) - so rather than posting the Google Earth image of my run here is a happy snap:

This one is the view from our Veranda - pretty much looking straight out.



Today Total: 15k
Week Total: 44k
Month Total: 155k
Year Total: 682k

The Ugly Step Sister pulled up remarkably well after yesterdays dash - just a little sore but nowhere near as bad as after other runs recently. But the but is my arms, upper back and tum were suffering DOMS big time by late afternoon as a result of going back to training on Friday night after a 3 week break as part of my taper and recovery from Six Foot.

We shot up to Gwandalan last evening so I can mow the lawns (lucky 2P) and I really wasn't looking forward to running this morning but wanted to keep the discipline of my Sunday longer run going. When you don't have the motivation of group running you have to rely on habits.

After mooching about for ages I finally got going at 7.30am - believe it or not I couldn't face the thought of muddy, hilly trails today (must be getting soft) so I headed off around the foreshore of the lake. The Ugly Step Sister made her presence known at once so after 800m I stopped and did some stretches focussing on the quad and ITB.

What happened next was 14.2k of the most enjoyable PAIN FREE running at a genuine LSD pace I've done in 2 months. It was a beautiful still morning on the lake and I hugged the foreshore where I could running on nice soft green grass around Gwandalan and Summerland Point. When I get back to Sydney I'll Google Earth it.

All up 15k in 1.32.36 (av 6.10)

Nice :-)

11 comments:

Lulu said...

Sounds like a lovely run 2P.. almost slow enough that I could have lurched along with you :)

Be careful mowing the lawn, don't set fire to anything.

Katie said...

Thats two great days of running 2P.... very nice! It was great to see you yesterday and Team J did well woo hoo!! Next time definately squeeze in breakfast! Very yummy and we can chat :-) Great time yesterday!!

Jen said...

Nice :-)

Can't begin to tell you how much I'm looking forward to running on a trail, any trail....

in the meantime, I'll just keep reading your blog :-)

Don Juan said...

Normally you'd have to be chained up to stop a trail run.

Good run just in time, coming good for Canberra 50km ;-)

Rachel said...

Isn't it great when something you can't be bothered with turns out to be really enjoyable? Great motivation for next time you don't really feel like it.

R2B said...

Its nice to run just for the enjoyment of it..leave the watch behind and take as long or as short as you wish.
Good on ya!

Spark Driver said...

Good to hear that you are enjoying your running.

CJ said...

Love those sort of runs - reminds me of why I run! Have a good week.

Tesso said...

Wow, what a view! How do you drag yourself away from that to run when you are up there. I feel like grabbing a glass of wine and sitting here all afternoon just staring at the pic!

Gronk said...

Nice pic 2P. We owned a house on Brisbane Waters and I spent all my hols there. Your pic brings back nice memories. :)

Jen said...

Beautiful. Reminds me of many summer spent at my nan's house on the water on Bonnells Bay...