Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Wakey Wakey

Today Total: 10k
Week Total: 10k
Month Total: 121k
Year Total: 648k

My first early morning run since before Six Foot *yawn* I'm just not a natural early morning person.......

Pulled up after Sunday with classic ITB pain right down the side of the knee and an achey quad - sideways stairs again. Two days of rest and I was ready to go  - all felt great to 9k then it started to ache again - bugger.

Looks like I'm going to need to restrict my runs to 8k till I get rid of this thing - unfortunately work is a bit too hectic at the moment to take time to go get some massage done on it.

Anyhoo apart from all that I was pretty happy with this mornings effort 10k in 54.31 (av 5.27) included a nice -ve split and I even managed to throw in a sub 5.00 min k for my 7th k.

5 comments:

Clairie said...

Nothing wrong with a few easy weeks here and there 2P. For sure that's what I'll be doing after Canberra.

Though just because you don't want to risk injury by going over 8km doesn't mean you can't run FAST. So I expect to see lots of tempo/fartlek and other speed sessions in your blog shortly :)

Wobbly man said...

Gotta love a nive neg split. Gett'n dark in the mornings now isn't it?

Unknown said...

Too busy for massage? Where's the work/life balance there? I'm shocked and mortified.

Katie said...

Im with owl... never too busy for a massage :-) Look after that ITB

Tesso said...

You gotta get rid of that ITB problem 2P. Our virtual PMC training pmg starts soon :-)

Maybe we should call in an exorcist ....