Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Hot & Windy

Thankyou everyone, your comments leading up to the CC Half and on my last post were very much appreciated :-)

Today Total: 6.9k (the .9 to even the month total)
Week Total: 6.9k
Month Total: 34k
Year Total: 1397.4k

I adore training in the heat so I really got to have a ball this afternoon.

My first run since the half so I got to sort out what was just general soreness and what was genuine niggle. Left calf and right quad were the only bits that didn't eventually loosen up. Given the opposing nature of these 2 muscles I suspect my hips might be a bit out of alignment so a trip to the chiro might be in order.

The heat was ok, but the strong westerly wind was a bit ugly at times. I faded a fair bit over the last couple of k's but that's ok I wasn't pushing. Today was only ever meant to get the legs turning over again so mission accomplished.

Looking forward to some longer runs soon and as O'Runner (Dave) said "I can hear the hills a calling".

10 comments:

Don Juan said...

Good to see you haven't let recent success go to your head.

I can hear mountains calling when I think of 6'.

Cirque said...

I can't believe anyone would want to run in that heat 2P. You must have really big........goals.

Cirque said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Katie said...

I think I have heat stroke.... I am sure I just read you love running in the heat! Its official... your mad :-)

I guess some of us are made for it... not me :-)

Woo hoo that you have pulled up ok!
Ok I am off to bed to pray for the southerly!

Hilda said...

Is very good to know you are in good shape after the halfand that you already know what you need to fix your hips.

Thanks for your advises I really apretiate them.

Jen said...

Very glad to hear that you haven't pulled up well after you sizzling race on Sunday.

Tesso said...

Yay the heat! Lets you know you're alive.

Gronk said...

Yes Go Girl, we heard you the first time. ;).

Good to see your out there enjoying the pleasant summer weather 2P.

Bennyr said...

You adore what???

Do you also enjoy slamming your testicles with a cricket bat or is this a one off piece of lunacy?

Glad you enjoyed it. I'm still trying to rehydrate!

Cheers,
Ben

silverfox said...

2p

One of the highlights for me was seeing your finish last sunday. I could see that lady sneaking up on you ready to pounce but how good was your kick! I dont know where you got it from as I thought she had you but you obviously found something from somewhere.

There is a point to the above. I think that for some runners they possess an ability to shut out pain and mind wins out over matter. That finish showed you have it in spades. I know when I see someone appear on my shoulder a couple of hundred metres out, I think they have got me, clearly your brain works differently! Great result, well done cracking the 1.50, even moreso on your pat, no mean feat.

Nice to meet you, look forward to catching up soon.

Cheers
Nick