Tuesday, December 27, 2005

12k Trudge

Today Total: 12k
Week Total: 20k
Month Total: 170k
Year Total: 1533.4k

I've had better runs, I've had worse too. Today was just one of those runs I put in the "tradesman" category - you grind it out because that's what you do.

Overcast and humid my breathing was telling me I was going at sub 5 min pace but Hal begged to differ -  he was rather adament that it was somewhere over 6 min pace - smug bastard - it's not like he has to do it. All he does is sit on my wrist and impassively feed back to me how slowly I am taking him for his morning constitutional. One day however we might discover if Hal can swim!

I wasn't sore this morning but after yesterdays initiation into the wonderful world of bricks my survey pegs were as dead as doornails. Mr Lurgy is also outstaying his welcome and my lungs never quite cleared for the entire run so I'm considering a couple of rest days to freshen up.

From today on I will be able to blog (by email) but I will be unable to read other blogs or comment for a couple of weeks - so to all my blogger mates I would like to say thankyou for sharing your journey/s with me. I think of you and your blogs often when I run, your humour, your spirit, your successes and your trials have all in their way contributed so positively to my running experience this year. The common theme of the running blog is commitment and I draw from it like a solar panel does from the Sun.

PS - I will still be able to receive your comments and all donations of encouragement and support will continue to be gratefully accepted (I think they are tax deductable so there is something in it for you too)  ;-)

9 comments:

Wobbly man said...

The tradesman's run - well I certainly have my share of those too! Sounds like a week off would be welcome by those lungs of yours. I too subscribe to the theory that some strategic rest periodically is equally important in a runner's training calendar. Enjoy your break and thanks for your support and encouragement also over the last year.

Cirque said...

I'll make sure I keep those comments coming, 2P. Have a lovely holiday.

Tesso said...

This means we can make comments on your blog and you won't be able to retaliate, well not for a couple of weeks. Aaaand I can whinge about stuff on mine and you won't put s**t on me. Yay!!!!!

Have a great hol and remember ... wear sunscreen :-)

Stephen Lacey said...

Thank you 2P for your irrepressible good humour and conviviality (I'm not sure what that word means, but it sounds good!) in our little corner of the blogosphere. Have a great holiday. Take care not to run too much...one of the hazards you face when you have the time to let enthusiasm get the better of common sense. Catch you next year.

Jen said...

Have a lovely holiday 2P and thanks for all your comments over the year. They mean alot to me!

Have fun :-)

Jxx

PS. And yes, I have been doing my homework everyday :;-)

Lulu said...

Have a good time on your hols and enjoy some country air and runs!

We'll miss your witty comments and look forward to their return in due course!

Katie said...

What will I do without the wise words of 2p!!!! Have a great holiday and we all will look forward to your great spin on things :-) Nice bike!

Hilda said...

Biking sounds so exciting!! I hope, you don't feel sore at all after those combined trainings.

I'll miss all your advices and teaching words. Thanks for them.

Happy new year!!! And wonderfull holidays!!!

Bennyr said...

Enjoy your holidays, 2P.

I think you could've expected the "tradesman" run: Quarry Rd, Brick sessions and lurgies - you have to admit you are hammering it. The rest days sound like a good idea to me.

Cheers,
Ben