Friday, December 09, 2005

Process, Process, Process

Today Total: 8k
Week Total: 14.9k
Month Total: 42k
Year Total: 1405.4k

Beautiful morning out there this morning :-)

I headed off around my Canada Bay loop  with the intention of clocking up 12k. The first 2k were a bit ordinary as the niggles warmed up. The left of the twins is still pretty dark on me for throwing that duster at him on Sunday and he seems to have found a new playmate with a spot just above my right knee - I might have to separate them after little lunch.

I passed by some West Tigers boys getting in some sneaky summer sprint training and I was a bit nostalgic for my sprinting days of yore - ah well.

The next 3k were actually pretty cruisy, but by 7k my quads started to tire significantly and my pace slowed. I just had to accept that I haven't fully recovered from Sunday yet and cut my losses at 8k.

I'm not beating myself up, it's all part of a process. My primary consideration has to be staying healthy and injury free. The longer runs will come...... *he stares pensively off into the distance* the longer runs will come......

3 comments:

Stephen Lacey said...

"The longer runs will come...... *he stares pensively off into the distance* the longer runs will come......"

ha ha...I can soo relate to that at the moment. I am wondering when I will ever run 20k again! As you say, it is all part of a process.

Hilda said...

Long runs or speed? I stare pensively off into the distance. Every runner has concerns.
You are strong, next run will be longer for sure.

D said...

I feel your pain! The bright side....you are running!!!