Monday, December 26, 2005

Jelly Legs

Today Total: 20k Ride (mtn bike) 8k Run
Week Total: 20k/8k
Month Total: 20k/158k
Year Total: 20k/1521.4k

My first ever brick session (and NO I'm not taking up swimming!). The jolly old fellow in the red suit left a brand spanking new mountain bike at my place yesterday - a real surprise. Mrs 2P certainly did her research before sending off the letter to Santa - it is a Cell MTX-2 with Deore LX running gear and all the other trick Shimano stuff including the crank, adjustable front forks, 7005 alloy frame AND it's RED! The pic below is the exact bike but in white.


I haven't ridden a treadlie in about 10 years so I was interested to see how I would go. I managed 20k from home to and around the mangroves in Bicentennial Park at an average of 21.2 km/h. I was pretty happy with that considering the nobbly bush tyres and that the front brake needs adjusting to stop it rubbing.

With my mate Minersrun in mind I then set out on an 8k run - wow - what a joy this brick thing is! My quads were still a bit beat up from Quarry Road on Chrissy Eve and now they were positively furious with me. It took at least a km before I managed anything that resembled my normal running stride. It was a very modest 47.31 (av 5.56) for the 8k but I really enjoyed it.

This could become a bit of a habit.......

5 comments:

2P said...

Pic added GG :-)

Wilco on the other intructions - enjoy the rest of you hol ;-)

Wobbly man said...

You are lucky because the red ones go faster!

Nothing too shabby about the time either.

Don Juan said...

Mrs 2ps has been doing some serious research or riding while you were out.
Ironman here we come.

CJ said...

Running, now cycling, swimming will be next!!!! Aren't brick sessions fun - there's nothing like getting off the bike with wobbly, deadlegs and then trying to maintain some respectable running style!! Love the bike.

Tesso said...

Wow, nice bike! Not that I know much about bikes other than what Wob said about the red ones.