Friday, December 30, 2005

Kill Or Cure Mk11

Today Total: 30k
Week Total 50k
Month Total: 200k
Year Total: 1563.4k

Two days of rest to let the chest clear a bit - hammered the Garlic, Horse Raddish + C and the Echinacia + Zinc - seems to have worked.

Today was 30k with all but 5k on very hilly fire trails. The 5k on the bitumen was through Munmorah State Rec Park which incorporates 2 steep 90m + climbs so my all up running time for the 30k was a slow 3hrs 43mins. A nice long Six Foot Track training special. Not as steep as Quarry Road but more technical.

And special it was too - the part from Snapper Point to Catherine Hill bay was exquisit. It doesn't get any better than  running a glorious fire trail looking out over the headlands to the bay and beach far below with, the early morning sun streaming through the clouds in patches and lighting up the majestic sail craft plying there way along the coast. Yep I was in my happy place alright - man needs to get back to nature from time to time and mother and me certainly communed today.

One amusing thing today - I was running on the bitumen when out of nowhere was an enormous bang - Nureyev (sic?) would have been proud of my pirouette as I described a full 360 without my feet touching the ground. Turns out a guy on a racing bike blew a back tyre when he was about 30 meters behind me. Good thing I didn't have a HRM on - might have broken it.

Turns out Carl (ok I took the excuse for a break and a natter) is training for the Port Mac IM and his wife is training for 6 Foot, so we had a right old chin wag.

On the way back from Catherine Hill Bay I took a punt that a fire trail would get me back to my side of the lake. I only got discombooblerated once which meant about an 800 meter back-track but eventually I found myself in familiar territory in the maze of trails around Crangan Bay.

Very satisfied with todays effort - just hope the chest stays clear.

10 comments:

Katie said...

That one big run 2p!! Way to end out the year! Sounds beautiful! I hope your chest stays clear.

Have a happy new year!!!

Wobbly man said...

What a great run to finish off the year. Well done 2P!

Jen said...

Sounds fantastic 2P. It's not only man who needs to get back to nature - I'm really craving the need to return to my trail.

Have a wonderful NYE & wishing you all the best for the new year - it's going to a HUGE year for both of us !

J

Lulu said...

Sounds like a great run 2P although you probably could have done without the heart attack!

BTW I really enjoyed reading you last post about your running career.. I'v no doubt you'll be an ultra runner by the end of the year.

Have a fab 2006!

CJ said...

Great run!

I have also read your previous, very long entry and I was impressed - with your sheer pigheadedness, determination, patience, humour, and that you shared it with us. Thanks for a very enlightening read 2P. Hopefully one day I'll get to meet you!

Here's to a great 2006 and that the twins behave themselves!

Hilda said...

Almost for hours in a run, that sounds a great effort, when I grow I want to be like you at least once... it is so interesting to learn how you train for being an ultra!

I can tell how far you heart arose.

Happy new year for you and your family, certainly this next year will be full of energy and good facts for your running goals!!

Tesso said...

You've gotta stop making trail runs sound so bloody good, you know I'm a dedicated follower of bitumen ;-)

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Here's to a faaaantastic 2006!

Steve's Stuff said...

All the best for 2006 and thanks for your comments my way.

Anonymous said...

http://lvseven.bravejournal.com/
http://lovuitonbag.bravejournal.com/
http://blogs.digitalmediaonlineinc.com/123vuttionbags/
http://blogs.digitalmediaonlineinc.com/123louisbags/
http://blogs.digitalmediaonlineinc.com/123bags/

Unknown said...

The prices of either the ugg boots sandals or the appealing ballerinas are not abundant as a aftereffect of which it can even be purchased by those with a lower budget. These brands accurately architecture ugg for women in adjustment to accommodated the needs of the growing appearance acquainted ladies.These uggs are trendy, fashionable and favourite a part of women of all ages. There are affluence of options to accept from these ugg classic short boots befitting in apperception the beyond varieties of these ugg short boots . People can not go out afterwards ugg short .