Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Slow Recovery

Today Total: 6k
Week Total: 6k
Month Total:
148k
Year Total: 555k


Just slowly but surely nursed the twins through a flat 6k earlier this evening.

Pulled up pretty sore after Sundays fantasmagorical run - I know a few people have been concerned that it was too much too soon - but it left me with a deep sense of satisfaction and as I'm off to Thailand for a couple of weeks on the weekend I will have plenty of time to rest and also the opportunity to get in a couple of massages too :-)

I hope to get a few more runs in before I fly out - ideally I really want to get the monthly total up to 200k for March - really starting to look forward to Hellgate Gorge and I want as many k's in the leggies as possible.

10 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Hey 2p

My wife is going to Thailand for a well deserved holiday as well. She flys out this Sunday too. Say konichiwa if you see her.

Jen said...

I wasn't concerned :-)

Superflake said...

Is there a Thai 10k on while you are over there? Have fun, relax and beef up for Hellgate.

Gronk said...

Poot passat Thai mai dai. ;-)

miners said...

geez - is it really that soon already?!? Mate - all the best to you and mrs 2P for the trip. Get those kms up for me (and make sure you map them for us!)

Tesso said...

Its a relief to know you are human after all :-)

Thailand - you lucky bugger! Think you will be able to do some running there? Maybe the beach will be the safest place. Its kinda like trails ... well its not bitumen.

Vicki said...

you know... you need someone to carry your bags... I'm strong, I could do that!

Have a well deserved holiday!

CJ said...

Will definitely increase my intake of Vit B - thanks for that.

So is Thailand a holiday? If so, have a great time - I'm jealous!

Also, what exactly is Hellgate Gorge?

Ewen said...

Don't tell her 2P. I think she's hooked on the rough stuff.

Enjoy the trails in Thailand. Have a massage for me too. The right calf says g'day now and then.

Vicky said...

Thanks for the link to Hellgate and Fat Ass 2P!! Looks like great stuff - maybe one day I will get to sample one first hand!

Have a great but safe time in Thailand. Now you've got me thinking about Thai food... yum!!

MAR.