Tuesday, March 06, 2007

One Down

Today Total: 8k
Week Total: 8k
Month Total: 48k
Year Total: 455k

Had a massage today which was great - had a run today that was bloody awful - legs felt very heavy after the massage so I should have just done a light recovery style run.

What I did was some cruise intervals - I had planned to do 4 but pulled the pin after 3 - the right Twin is nagging a bit (nothing really - he's just a whingy bastard) but he will come good by race day - I've promised him icecream if he behaves.

Splits were 4.46, 4.45 & 4.42 with the float at around 5.45 pace - my final k was much slower than that though as I tried to just ease the heaviness out.

Anyhoo will do a very easy 3k (6.30 pace) tomorrow and the shut up shop - normal service will then resume at 8.05AM Saturday - it's all good :-)

10 comments:

Simlin said...

nice and easy there 2P

Vicky said...

Yep, I've learnt to always make the day after a massage a rest day - let alone the day itself!

Twins obviously aren't 'identical' then huh?!? ;-)

I will be using more than just your "don't be cowed by the calves" mantra on Sunday 2P. Read on another blog your "Relax and go faster" one. Think this is the one I will be using!!

Cheers, MAR.

Ewen said...

You should have promised him a beer ;)

Both my legs were whingy this afternoon. I hate this taper caper.

Don Juan said...

All the best 2Ps for the big one on Saturday. Just look after number 1 this week. And no moving any furniture.

Tesso said...

Wow, just 3k tomorrow. You could do that in your sleep.

Jen said...

No moving furniture or mowing :-)

BTW I always assumed the twins were girls. I have no idea why!

Gronk said...

Cruise intervals ? You've always got a fancy name for it don't you ? You'll have to tell me what they are when you get time.

What's on the carb loading menu for this week ?

miners said...

mate - did you run out of cotton wool? glad nothing broke when you were out there. Keep it easy for that last 3km too :)

Superflake said...

Take care of the twins mate. See you at the start.

Spark Driver said...

Almost there. The waiting is getting frustrating.