Friday, March 02, 2007

A Bit Of Twin Taming

Today Total: 23k
Week Total: 43k
Month Total: 33k
Year Total: 440k

Celeste - the Evil Twins are my calf muscles - I have bored regular readers witless with endless tales (some of them even true) of the Twins naughtiness over the last couple of years on this blog and the one that preceeded it.

Shane I reckon I'm going to nominate your comment for a CR Award next December - you cracked me up mate - thanks :-)

The sub-heading of my blog used to be "I won't be cowed by my calves" and by yimminy I won't! So last night they really got the treatment - ice, Brauer gel, Voltaren Rapid and Skins. Because they have been good for a while I was lazy with them this week - I should have jumped on them days ago!

When I woke up at 6:00AM they were still a bit grumpy but much improved so I decided to get my last medium long run out of the way today to give me maximum recovery time for next Saturday.

LOL - I can't remember the last time I ran more than 12k on the flat - probably have to go back to November last year! Oh well time to correct that little oversight.

It was a gorgeous morning as I took off around the foreshore to Canada Bay then up through Five Dock to The Bay for a lap and return.

It was also good and hot - just the way I like it :-) I just kept pouring the juice down my neck and kept the pace between 6.00 and 6.15 mins per k - all conditions are manageable - good practice for next week.

Ended up with 23k in 2.19.25 @ 6.04av and feeling good (though I had very squelchy feet) - a little twiggle from the twins but nothing to write home about.

Damn - looks like I'm out of excuses for next week - bugger! :-)

7 comments:

Celeste said...

Aha! Your calves! I'm relieved.

Superflake said...

Very good last run for Six Foot. Hope the twins behave this week. See you at the tree for damper and tea mate. Can't wait, wait.....

Jen said...

I probably have a spare excuse to lend you ;-)

Great news. T-7 sleeps now :-)

Shane said...

LOL, yeah I made myself chuckle at that one :-)

Nice solid run today so now look after yourself, I want to hear all about a sub 6hr race in next week report.

Ewen said...

Yes mate... save "The twins ate my homework" for next Saturday. If you want, I can give them a late jumping at the tea and damper party :)

Shane, that's the litmus test of a good joke - when you laugh at it yourself.

running uphill said...

Hope the twins behave themselves. Enjoy the anticipation this week:)

Tesso said...

Canada Bay, Five Dock, The Bay - been there, done that :-) Pity you weren't doing it last weekend.