Saturday, May 19, 2007

Pre Dinner Doddle

Today Total: 6k
Week Total: 43k
Month Total: 111k
Year Total: 737k
Consecutive Days Running: 7

I pulled up a bit sore after a hard training seesion last night and felt that I needed a bit more recovery than what I got out of my lawn mowing session this afternoon. So after pruning the roses it was off for another easy 6k around the foreshore.

All up 6k in 34.49 @ 5.48 av.

Scott asked whether I'd done PMC before? Well no not all of it. Last year I DNF'd at 62k - it was just 2 days after my dear old Dads funeral and the tail end of a month or so of high stress both physically and emotionally (it also coincided with a major restructure and promotion at work) - I was exhausted before I started and as I had a 7:00am flight to NZ the following morning I figured I had done enough when I hit Brooklyn (it was an "up" year) and so I jumped a train home.

I really enjoyed it though and would really like to knock it on the head this year - I've never run 96k with hills before - I have done 94k on the flat so I'm confident I can do it. Given my preparation has been a bit patchy I'll be happy with a finish in whatever time - the starting plan will be to run it in about 12 hours and just see what happens.

Hmmm it is getting closer....

11 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Thanks 2P

well at least you sound more mentally prepared this time. And I reckon you need to be "mental" to run so far.

Good luck with it.

miners said...

yep - let's hope the mind is in the right place for an assault on the 'down' this year.

btw - anything more than 1 day in a row of consecutive running is enough to impress me ;)

Hamburglar said...

It IS getting closer and every time I look at your ticker it freaks me out! I really need to get myself in gear and do a couple of long runs!

CJ said...

You've run 94km in one event - wow, I'm impressed.

Tesso said...

Gee, hard to believe its almost a year since your dad passed away. I guess PMC is the perfect dedication.

Spark Driver said...

94km's in one event?!? I just don't get you ultra people.

Ewen said...

The 'Jen plan' will work to perfection :)

Anonymous said...

Impressive! It gives me something to strive for.

panasonic massage chairs

undercover brother said...

just remember.
hills are cool.
they give u an excuse to walk without feeling guilty.
best of luck at pmc.

Vicky said...

Running, mowing lawns and pruning roses... and ultra distances at that...! Is there no end to your talents...?!?! Good luck with it 2P.

MAR.

Lulu said...

I'm sure you can do it. You can do anything :)