Monday, May 14, 2007

Easy 5 & A New Toy

Today Total: 5k
Week Total: 5k
Month Total: 73k
Year Total: 695k

The coach said an easy 30 minutes tonight so it was out and back along the foreshore at 6min pace - 5k in 29.49 @ 5.58 av - easy peasy.

I took my new toy for a run with me - an Olympus MJU 770 WS - um it's a camera if you hadn't already known/guessed :-)

I've long wanted a camera that I can take on my long bush runs that I can sweat all over and bash about and the 770 being waterproof to 33', shockproof to survive a 5' fall, crushproof to 100kgs of direct weight as well as having an ultra-slim design (2cm thick) fits the bill perfectly.

Sits nicely in the hand while you run too - at less than 200gms inclusive of the battery I hardly noticed it given I often run with a handheld waterbottle more than twice the weight.

And whilst I'm bragging - it also has video with sound and with a 2GB memory card I can grab more than 30mins of video at 640 x 480 - kewl!

For the tech heads it is 7.1 megathingamee-bobs with a 3x optical look closer widget.

And yes (before anyone asks) - I did take some photos with it on my run tonight but I don't have my puter with me so I can't download them yet.

I love toys - how excitement :-)

EDIT - here is what I see when I run the foreshore trail of an evening - this view isn't the best one but I didn't go very far last night. For out of towners - yes that is Centrepoint Tower.


14 comments:

Simlin said...

sounds like a kewl new running picture taking thingy.

Tesso said...

Sounds perfect. I had a camera that I could run run with ... had being the operative word. Dropped it at a Glasshouse run and it didn't quite work after that. See, trails are bad!

Does this mean we'll get to see some vid from PMC - can't wait!

Superflake said...

I love a new toy.

plu said...

"survive a 5' fall"

I am sure that should read 6'

cheers PLu

Gronk said...

Yes we expect lots of pics AND YouTube vids from every run from now on.

Unknown said...

Hey snap!!! I bought the same camera when I was in Melbourne! For all the reasons you listed PLUS in case it got dropped at a drinks night by drunken person...in the toilet. Er, not that this has ever happened to me. But there's always been the potential.

The case I bought attaches nicely to my fuel belt and so I ran with it at Puffing Billy. Now I just need a card reader as the software doesn't work with my dinosaur computer.

Spark Driver said...

Great pic. I'm looking forward to seeing many more of them.

Celeste said...

Cool gadget! You've set a precendent now - we'll be expecting photos every post....

Samurai Running said...

Just something else for you to forget when you leave the house.

Hamburglar said...

What a great idea - I often wish I had a camera to show the wife where I have been etc. How much did you pay?

Bernie G said...

Sound like cameras are the new toy of the moment, we just bought one too.

Brendan said...

what colour? The silver, blue or brown?

Rachel said...

Wow, you do go all school boy gooey gooey over new toys don't you!

Ewen said...

That's enough space to video the whole descent of Nellie's! Can't wait to hear if it survives bouncing down the steps, or falling in Cox's.