Friday, May 04, 2007

Gently Gently

Today Total: 8k
Week Total: 16k
Month Total: 16k
Year Total: 642k

Well so far so good - while I'm still getting over the dregs of the lurgy at least last Tuesdays run didn't do any harm - in fact my disposition has improved quite a bit - if only the last bit of junk on my chest would clear....

POETS Day today so I got home early enough to head out before it got dark. I did an 8k loop I haven't done for ages that takes in a number of Concord parks and the foreshore as well - except for the distinct lack of hills Concord is a pretty nice suburb for running around :-)

I pretty much just cruised around at a fairly even pace though I did finish a bit quicker with a 4.58 final k - all up 8k in 45.25 @ 5.41 av.

Off to see the Halfpenny in Bathurst this weekend so might get a chance for a run up the mountains on Sunday arvo.

6 comments:

Ewen said...

Have a good weekend mate. You need to practise that bit between the cattle yards and Alum creek.

running uphill said...

Does a lack of hills constitute a problem? Enjoy them while you can!

Vicky said...

That was obviously a really bad flu/infection you picked up 2P - like you say, no more holidays for you. Hope you manage to kick the last of it and get back on track in time for 'the next big thing'.

Enjoy Bathurst!

MAR.

Tesso said...

Hopefully that fresh mountain air will do you the world of good and you'll come back 100%.

Have fun up there.

Celeste said...

I started a new job - and it must be the only place in the world that doesn't invoke the POETS rule. People quietly go about their work and try not to be the first to leave! I can see I'm going to have to set a precedent here.

Becky O said...

Geez 2P, you really love those Mountains dont you!!