Thursday, December 21, 2006

Wild N Windy

Today Total: 9k
Week Total: 9k
Month Total: 139k
Year Total: 1823k

My first run since Saturday. A combination of a hectic work week and feeling like I was coming down with a cold was all I needed for an excuse to give my leggies a chance to love me again after the weekends hammering.

Headed out on my 12k loop and man was the wind ugly along the foreshore! I was certainly wishing I had run in the reverse direction - oh well.

By 8k my throat was really dry and sore and given I have some other vague cold symptoms I decided to call it a day and head for home.

All up 9k in 49.32 (av 5.30) - happy with that.

12 comments:

running uphill said...

Nice pace. Hope you feel better soon.

Jen said...

Good choice ;-)

Rest up - Quarry Rd is a-calling!

Lulu said...

Hope the cold doesn't develop. Have fun on Quarry Road and look after the FHG.

Ewen said...

You deserve time off after a medal winning performance ;)

Superflake said...

Have a rest and meet us up at Quarry Rd on Sunday. Looking forward to some killer hills.

Spark Driver said...

What a bad time of the year for a cold. I hope it is all a false alarm.

Gronk said...

Merry Xmas & happy New Year 2p ! :)

Becky O said...

Thanks for the encouragement with CC, looks like I'm going to be OK to do it.

Have a great Christmas 2P :) Hope you dont develop a cold.

Simlin said...

Merry Chistmas to all the 2Ps!

Clairie said...

Like you I am sick too.

I hid it so well from myself I pretended it was a hangover...that was until my husband reminded me I hadn't drunk a drop for the past two days.....

Take care 2P. We need you in one piece.

xx
MERRY CHRISTMAS P FAMILY (thats 2p, little p, half p and mrs p)

Tesso said...

Hmmm, very suss. What have you and Clairie been up to ....

Ellie80 said...

hope your legs love ya as much as we all do. thanks for your support this year mate - it is very much appreciated. merry christmas :)