Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Thanks For All The Fish

Today Total: 9k
Week Total: 9k
Month Total: 185k
Year Total: 1869k

Hi All,

I'm off on hols this arvo after taking the Halfpenny and one of the Quarterpenny to the reptile thingee in Darling Harbour.

I will have the cackleberry with me so will be able to blog by email and I can even post on Coolrunnings - but for some reason Blogger won't let me post comments on blogs.

But I will be thinking of you guys from time to time - each and every one of you has been a source of inspiration to me at some stage or another - so thankyou - Oh yeah - and though I will be seemingly ignoring you still feel free to comment on my blog  ;-)

Anyhoo today was a pretty uneventful 9k - my legs pulled up remarkably well after Quarry Rd but for some reason I was a bit scratchie this morning and just couldn't get in the groove - you get that occasionally I suppose - tomorrow will be better :-)

What I did get on Sunday was a massive dose of inner-thigh chaffing MMMmmm was it delicious - I don't know where I went wrong - I've never had a problem before - same shorts, same bodyglide - go figure?

Fortunately I still had some Silvazine cream left from when I tried to immolate myself in the great '05 flaming lawnmower incident and that stuff works wonders - pity it is only available on prescription.

Because of the residual chafe I restricted this morning to an easy 9k in 51.49 (av 5.45).

Though the run was ordinary it was absolutely spectacular this morning around the foreshore - supoib!

:-)

13 comments:

running uphill said...

Have a good holiday. Don't you just love that chaffing!

Ellie80 said...

sounds painful :) maybe you should give some swimming a go? give the inner thighs a break...

hehe. have a lovely break anyway - hope you heal super quick!

Stephen Lacey said...

Well, at this time of year people are usually chaffing to get away on holidays, and you are about to go on holidays, so maybe that's what it was all about..?

Anyway, have a lovely vacation (as they say in thsi part of the world) and a terrific new year.

2007 is going to be the year of the 2PSFTPB!!

Steve

Superflake said...

Have a good holiday. I had no chafing even though I was soaked at Quarry Rd. Musn't have run hard enough.

Unknown said...

Hope you have a supoib holiday, 2P!

Lulu said...

Have a lovely time on your hols. Very much deserved after your year! Have fun.

Jen said...

Have a wonderful holiday - you deserve it :-)

CJ said...

I know exactly what you mean about not getting in the groove - it happened to me during Tour de Mountain a couple of weeks ago. Have a great break!

Cirque said...

Have a luvverley and well deserved break 2P.

(and don't forget to tune into the PG while you're away).

Rachel said...

Have a great holiday 2P :)

Tesso said...

Enjoy the hol you lucky thing. We'll be thinking about you too :-)

Spud said...

I ended up with a bleeding nipple at Quarry Rd, forgot to lube up and the rain caught me out. Great to catch up out there.
Have a good one 2P, enjoy.

Vicky said...

Hi 2P, even tho I'm not a CR, I have seen you leave some great advice on other blogs, so thought I'd pop in and read a bit of your blog. Look forward to following your progress towards SFT in March.
Enjoy your holiday!

Cheers, MAR.