Thursday, December 14, 2006

Fat Foot Recovery

Today Total: 6k
Week Total: 26k
Month Total: 99k
Year Total: 1783k

I've been wanting to try out my new Asics Ohana Racers for a couple of weeks now - the R4YL review describes them as having a roomier than most forefoot - this may be the case though it seems that racing shoe designers don't really have my square plates of meat in mind when they conjure up their latest attempt at separating runners from their hard earned.

What they are is light though just 210gms - wow - but given the snug fit I had been a bit nervy about giving them a whirl on anything long - I needn't have worried they provide a surprisingly comfortable and cushioned ride and Miners_Run I didn't notice the lack of forefoot gel at all. The uppers are also soft enough that the snug feel disappeared once I started to run.

Anyhoo - this mornings run was my 3rd session within 12 hours so it was a deliberate doddle pace along the flat foreshore to try and ward off any DOMS that might be heading my way after last nights double header of 12k run then an hours training. All up 6k in 35.05 (av 5.51)

I've been feeling a bit flat lately but I finally took my own advice and have been infusing myself with B group vitamins which seems to have done the trick as I seem to have got the B B bounce back :-)

Happy days.

4 comments:

miners said...

glad to hear you're bouncing merrily along again mate. And really good to hear the shoes performed well. Let me know if you get any mid-foot soreness later today or tomorrow - you can be my guinea pig ;)

Tesso said...

B-b-beaut!

Superflake said...

I thought it was one of your six foot shoes had a blowout.

Samurai Running said...

Hey 2P

I have a new pair of Asics Ohana Racers too. I bought them three months ago and I reckon they are the "bee's knees." Took me about a month to wear them in to my liking but now they are just right and I've had no problems with them. Like running in "gumboots full of warm sago."