Monday, December 11, 2006

Riders On The Storm

Today Total: 8k
Week Total: 8k
Month Total: 81k
Year Total: 1765k

After an extremely exhausting weekend (long story) I just rolled over and went back to sleep when the alarm went off this morning.

Fortunately I was able to scarper off home early from work and headed off for a run in about 8,000% humidity. Both knees were a bit creaky from Saturdays little jaunt and the left calf (always the naughtier of the Evil Twins) was a little niggly as well.

The knees loosened up after 2k but the calf just got tighter as I went. I had intended to run 12k but between the calf and the impending electrical storm I decided to take a short cut home - good decision as the storm broke about 3 mins after I got in - I don't mind running in rain but I'm a bit charry about lightening.

Anyhoo 8k in 45.32 (av 5.42) - felt strong on the hills but I must have some residual fatigue from Saturday because I was Mr Jelly Legs for a while after I stopped.

11 comments:

running uphill said...

I feel the same about running in storms (no wonder it was so humid :) You are improving so much, despite the evil twin!

Unknown said...

Have a very happy Christmas Mr "Jelly Legs" from Luclylegs!

Sekhmet said...

Only 8,000%? Are you sure about that??

Ewen said...

I can show you a very famous hill out at the Cotter called 'Jelly Legs'.

You would have washed away 4 or 5kgs of cement dust in that humidity ;)

Glad GHP#2 is OK.

Tesso said...

Funny how often that happens, you just finish a run and it pi**es down. It happened to us this morning. Though sometimes that 8000% humidity is a dead givaway :-)

miners said...

soon to be seen in the latest Mr Men series

Lulu said...

You would be a bit charred if you were hit by lightening ;)

Hope the calf can soon tamed.

Ellie80 said...

nice run mate - especially with a bit of fatigue! you are just getting faster and faster too - i like the imagery as well Mr Jelly Legs. :)

Clairie said...

Are you going to get to 2000km before Midnight on 31st December????

Spark Driver said...

I could see a 2P and water provide a good ground for any wayward lightning strikes. Great idea to call it quits and head home early.

Stephen Lacey said...

I agree that it was a good call. Fried 2P does not sound like a very appealing conclusion ot a run. Did you see the multimedia Stormchasers presentation on the sydney Morning Herald web site today? Awesome.