Sunday, December 31, 2006

Last Hurrah

Today Total: 26k
Week Total: 51k
Month Total: 225k (Edited for earlier error)
Year Total: 1909k (Edited for earlier error)

Edit: Seems as I get older I'm losing my capacity to add up - better monthly result than I first thought :-)

I thought I'd wind up my running year with one of my favourite runs - a 26k, very hilly loop through the trails of Lake Munmorah State Rec Park, Catherine Hill Bay, Crangan Bay and Gwandalan.

It was a perfectly still and sunny morning to start off with and the views out to sea were simply stunning - I don't think I've ever seen so many ships at anchor waiting to get into Newcastle - there must have been 50 or 60.

I ran steadily the whole way and achieved my goal of not walking any of the hills - I did take a tumble about 3k from home but apart from covering myself with sandy grit no real harm done.

When I last ran this course on 19 November it took me 3.29 - today it was 2.58 - still 7 minutes outside of my PB of 2.51 (done as my second last long run before this years Six Foot) - I'm pretty happy with it given I still have January and February to sharpen up.

I have also been able to comment on some blogs but the cackleberry is a fickle creature and it won't let me on others - those with word verification are right out - but I have been following everyones story on bloglines - so Happy New Year everyone.

:-)

12 comments:

Lulu said...

Happy new year to you! I hope 2007 is a great year for you. Thanks for all your support this year.

Sekhmet said...

Happy new Year and wishing you lots of fun running adventures in 2007

Jen said...

Nice way to end it 2P. My best wishes to you & the fam for the new year :-)

Ewen said...

Sounds like a beautiful run 2P. You can chip off those minutes in the next couple of months.

Happy new year :) See you in the bush.

Katie said...

Hello stanger! I wanted to wish you a happy new year and all the best for 2007! Go team J :-) I am going to dust off my blog for 2007!!

Ellie80 said...

Happy New Year!!!! Hope 07 brings much joy and a whole swathe of top runs :)

E

Superflake said...

Very nice last run for the year. Hope 2007 gives you a good run at Six Foot to start with. Cheers mate. Happy New Year.

CJ said...

Happy New year 2P *waves*

running uphill said...

Fantastic last run of 06. Thanks for the support & encouragement. Here's to some great runs in 07!

Hilda said...

Great to hear you keep improving, your performance this year will be even better than this yeat that ends.

Happy new year and many running days in 2007!!

Tesso said...

It really has been pleasing to watch your build-up and improvement over the past few months. Nice way to finish of the year.

Happy 2007 :-)

2P said...

Test