Friday, February 02, 2007

Slow Six

Today Total: 6k
Week Total: 28k
Month Total: 16k
Year Total: 278k

The gastric bug that has been doing the rounds of the extended family and my work colleagues finally paid me a visit through last night and this morning.

I rested most of the day and had an early afternoon nanna nap. I didn't feel too bad this arvo and as I won't get another chance to run until late on Sunday I decided to go for a trot.

Took the pace out very conservatively and didn't feel too bad for the first 4k - started to feel a bit dodgy by 5k and decidely yuck by the time I got home.

Feeling a bit brighter now I've had a rest, a drink and a dip in the pool so I'm glad I went. All up 6k in 35.50 @ 5.58 av

PS - I'll let him tell the story but huge congratulation to Ewen who won our bet on who would be the first back under 23 mins for 5K - well done mate.

8 comments:

Tesso said...

You ... me ... sub 22 in the Feb 5k Challenge. Let's show that Ewen character who's boss!

Jen said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Enjoy your weekend out west

Unknown said...

2P, I thought of you as soon as I heard Ewen's time for the 5000m last night! I've been following this "bet" thing you both had going - now go catch & pass him for under 22 mins.!

Stephen Lacey said...

I think you were just unlucky. Ewen's been doing intervals day in and day out to get this -- have you seen his on-line log? The man is an interval-running machine! He'd do anything for a free beer! You should have run that January 5k challenge all out and you might have got there I reckon. I think Tesso might be onto something about the Feb 5k challenge...at least go sub 22:33! :-)

speedygeoff said...

Ewen done it all right, I was there mate. I cheered him on and he never turned up for his shout afterwards. Reckon you should reset the wager at 22:30 and I promise I will nobble him for sure.

Clairie said...

Theres a race? Where? When?

OOOhhh I love challenges. Can I come along with Tesso and join in the sub 22:30 group?

TD said...

Yep, go for it, 2P, sub-22 like Lucky Legs says. And I think Ewen will be running out of opportunities soon to get his time down. The Vets track season hasn't got too much longer to go.

Ewen said...

Stephen is right. This bet has consumed my thoughts for some time.

Luckily I don't "only run to support a 6' habit", or, I'm sure it would have been me buying the beers.

You had me running scared on Thursday night - thanks mate.

Talk to you about a new wager when we catch up :)