Thursday, February 08, 2007

Grey Nudie Run

Today Total: 8k
Week Total: 8k
Month Total: 55k
Year Total: 317k

With no Garmin it was back to runnin semi-nekid with an old fashion wristwatch -hehehe of course anyone who knows my fetish for gadgets knows that even my "old fashion wristwatch" would be no such thing :-)

Still it was a bit weird not having instant pacing info to hand - never mind - much to my surprise my legs aren't symbiotically connected to the Garmin as I suspected and can actually function without it - I mean who'da thunked it?

I've had an rare attack of the blahs (not to be confused with my rare attack of the grumps a couple of weeks back) this week and todays run was semi-blahish - still it's done and I think I'm just about out of the blahs - so that's good :-)

A bit of a grey run really 8k in 43.30 @ 5.26 av.

10 comments:

Jen said...

LOL. Man, my old fashion wristwatch only tells the time ;-)

Ewen said...

And you didn't get lost!

Have you ever tried wearing the Garmin on the other wrist? Feels strange.

Of course, when you start doing 400m track sessions you won't need Garmy ;)

CJ said...

I definitely need to practise the shoulder tuck and roll technique. Trouble is by the time I realsie I'm falling i've usually fallen - if you know what I mean!

Tesso said...

Ha ha.

You should try Garmin free runs more often. I do them. Its so liberating. Then again, you wouldn't have Clairie next to you wearing hers as I do so I can ask her every 2 minutes what pace we are doing :-)

Mat said...

I know what you mean. You have to run how you feel, instead of how Garmin Guy tells you how you feel :-)

Stephen Lacey said...

Attack of the blahs hey. Yeah, you get that around this time out, when you've done a lot of work, but there is still a little while to go. Hope you find a way to freshen up and get back into the last bit of preparation.

Ellie80 said...

i'm practically an expert in the blah's - let me know if you need any advice on how to get really good at them :)

Clairie said...

How on earth can you feel Blah when ur running nude??? geeeezzzz louissseeee

Anyhow - next time you post about running nude, I don't want to hear about the 'blahs' I just want photos ha ha ha

Vicky said...

Yep, that title certainly got my attention!

Your statements about how strange it feels to run without a "gadget" are the exact reasons why I've resisted getting one for so long. I'm phobic about getting dependant on one and never being able to run without one again...! Oh well, I'm about to find out - guess there are worse addictions!

Hope the next run feels less "blah-ish" !

MAR.

Samurai Running said...

These gadget do help stop you from doing anyfin stoopid.