Friday, February 16, 2007

A Run Of Two Halves

Today Total: 12k
Week Total: 20k
Month Total: 123.4k
Year Total: 385.4k

Started out fairly conservatively today given my pledge to have a easier week and was pulling around 5.50 splits. With 6k in just under 35mins all I wanted to do was get the run over and done with - dunno I think I might have caught Miners motivation lapse...... so I stepped it up to around tempo pace to get it finished.

The second 6 k went by in about 30.30 to give me a total of 12k in 65.20 @ 5.27 av.

It's done.

I'm running one of my favourite runs up the lake on Sunday so if that doesn't cure me of the running blahs nothing will :-)

PS all the best to Steve and Scott running in the Tokoyo Marathon on Sunday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The 'old pace creep' syndrome. I've fallen for it a few times. At least you had a reason.

Sekhmet said...

It's always good to run your favourite roue to stir up the mojo a bit. Whenever I'm finding it hard to get out there I always pick a run with the best views and it reminds me why I do it :)

Just noticed your countdown clock has 20 days left to go - 20 days!!!! My goodness it's gone quick! I reckon you'll run up a storm with all that crazy trail stuff you've been doing

Stephen Lacey said...

2P, 20 days mate, 20 days!! Getting close to starting the taper, but no time to shut up shop! Things you do over the next 7 days will still contribute to your fitness by race day. As you say, the long run is done, so concentrate on quality ... that requires a little bit of mental re-focusing because you don't just go out and run quality sessions in auto-pilot. I know you now that, but just want to reinforce what you are already thinking ;-)

Thanks for the cheerio for tomorrow. Just getting my kit together at the moment!

Jen said...

Stay away from Miners - he's a bad influence ;-)

Just read Stephen's comment ^^. A good reminder for me - time to get back on the bike. After all, I haven't been on it for a whole 30 hours now ;-)

3 weeks to go :-) How excitment!

Ewen said...

Steve is starting to sound like Clairie. Go Steve! Go Scott!

I get the 'two halves' bit... you were practising to get to Pluvi in 3:28 and from there to the finish in 2:13.

Anonymous said...

Hi 2P,
Hope you dont mind me poping in...I was given the recommendation to do so...So gald I did. What a great blog and read. I do like you tables also.
Will be there at 6ft, so when you get to the end and hear a very crazy person yelling at you all....it might be me..(by the way, I'm Kits sister).
Cheers