Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Humpty Dumpty Hit A Great Wall

Today Total: 4k
Week Total: 4k
Month Total: 4k
Year Total: 1281k

Wow did I get a dose of DOMS after last Thursdays pathetic effort! Things weren't too bad on Friday but the longer Saturday went on the worse things got - guess that's why they call it DOMS huh?

Well time for another dose of systematic desensitisation (I'm desensitising myself to the concept that at the moment running = pain and lots of floppy jiggly bits) and took off around the golf course again tonight.

Testimony to that old adage that the body is a self maximising machine (and believe me my body can take that statement quite literally when I don't train) I knocked 1min 40 off my last try - so here's hoping I don't end up as sore!

BTW thanks for the warm welcome back guys - much appreciated

14 comments:

Simlin said...

Good luck with the DOMS second time around.

Ewen said...

Full body Skins can help with the jiggly bits 2P.

R2B said...

Chin up 2P.Good on you for making it back!

R2B

TA and the Gnome said...

Long and slow, 2P, long and slow...

Gnome

Wobbly man said...

I can relate to the floppy jiggly bits I'm afraid. Actually its kind of scarely how quickly I put on weight now!

Gronk said...

Keep chipping away at it champ.

Tesso said...

Hey 2P, 4k is 4k more than 99% of the poplulation are doing.

Ellie80 said...

you'll be right, onwards and upwards. your body will remember -its not that long ago that we were reading about your 63k run...

Spud said...

Good to see you back Scott, we missed you round here, ease back into it mate, see you out there some day.

miners said...

and he's back again for more! Great to see S. These things have to start again from somewhere - and as ewen mentioned, the full-body range of skins could be a good bet!

Don Juan said...

Only three months to Quarry Road and six months to six foot track.
No pressure though.

Unknown said...

The calendar thingee is right, 2P! On my blog, I've had to change "Sweet Sixteen" to "Sweet Seventeen"!!
Thank you so much for thinking of me & I'm so very pleased that you're "back"; I thought of you a lot while you were "away"!

Horrie said...

Great to see you back running and blogging Scott. Ease back slowly mate and build from there. Hope to catch up with you soon.

Cirque said...

I hope the running Gods smile on you for a while 2P.