Sunday, September 10, 2006

A Bit Further

Today Total: 5k
Week Total: 13k
Month Total: 13k
Year Total: 1290k

The weather up at Gwandalan was atrocious this weekend and with no footpaths to speak of I wasn't that keen to take my chances on the road. I was however really keen to get a run in so when I got home tonight I headed straight out in the squally rain.

On the last couple of runs I have had to walk a bit on the long hill behind Concord Golf Course but tonight I motored up it and celebrated by adding an extra k to the run.

Some of the showers were quite hard but I was pretty happy in an old light weight shell that I've had for yonks but for some reason never got that much work - all up I did the 5k in just a smidge over 30 mins so it is starting to come back - just need to maintain some consistency and I should be jake.

18 comments:

Horrie said...

Great to see you back out there on a regular basis 2p. Just stick with it and take it one step at a time. You have 6 months to get back in shape for 6 Foot.

Rachel said...

Yeah, stick at it 2P. Little improvements all the time, it won't be long before you are back into it.

miners said...

had thought you were a little overdue for a gwandy trip. Shame about the weather though :(

Katie said...

hard... thats an understatement!! The rain was relentless! Nice work.

Tesso said...

5k in that sort of weather must equal at least 25k on a good day :-)

Spark Driver said...

I heard on the weather channel today how there was more crap conditions heading to NSW. My thoughts go out to all those trying to run in the rain.

Jen said...

Yah! So glad you are on your way back. I think we need to assist GG on a 6ft recon near the end of the year. Whaddayareckon?

:-)

TD said...

I can't say it any better than the others 2P. It's just great to see you back out there doing your thing.

Ewen said...

Good stuff 2P.

Isn't Concord flat? ;)

I think Beki bought the Melbourne weather up with her.

TA and the Gnome said...

:-) :-) :-)

Gnome

CJ said...

We've been experiencing really wintry weather lately too - I can't believe I've actually been out running in it!

Sounds like your running is coming together - motoring up the long hill sounds pretty positive.

Clairie said...

ummm 2P....who is Jake?

Lulu said...

Glad you are starting to get back into it. I'm sure the scales will start behaving themselves after a few more weeks of running.

Stephen Lacey said...

There is nothing wrong with five kays, especially if followed the next day by another five kays. And the next day by another, etc.

Ganbatte ne!

Don Juan said...

Snails carry around a shell in the rain too.
Not that you're a pest ;-).

Cirque said...

glad to hear you're on the comeback 2P

Unknown said...

I just knew you'd be back, 2P! No going away again....unless you get my permission & you ain't gettin' that too easily!! Big smile!

Stephen Lacey said...

Has it really been five days since you last ran, or are you just being a bit tardy updating the blog? Hope all is well!