Thursday, August 31, 2006

Flight Of The Phoenix

Today Total: 4k
Week Total: 4k
Month Total: 4k
Year Total: 1277k

Well not so much a matter of rising up from the ashes as struggling up through the phlegm and blubber. Nevertheless today was my first run since 3 July! I did do 20mins light workout on Monday but before that it was zip, nada, nuffin in the exercise department.

Since my last post my back improved steadily but then I contracted the chest infection from hell - a real pearler - I'm talkin the full ubangi - I mean the complete rootin, tootin shootin match - the whole nine yards -in a word - "yukko"! I haven't been as crook in years and with work really hectic I couldn't take time off so each day was a bit of a struggle (read my pathetic attempt at an excuse for not commenting on other blogs).

One other charming side-affect is that I've put on 7kgs since my pop passed away on 10 June - ahem!

Anyway it was good to have a hit out. Ran a steady first 2k then walk/ran the 3rd and jogged in the 4th for 4k in about 27mins.

Here's to keeping it going ;-)

18 comments:

Jen said...

Welcome back - you've been missed
:-)

Unknown said...

That's great news, 2P...not the phlegm & blubber, but to see you posting that you're back. You are most welcome!

Ellie80 said...

yay! great to have you back 2p :)

Simlin said...

yep, nice to see you back in blogsphere, I hope your comeback is injury free.

Spark Driver said...

Keep it going 2P. Im sure it wont be long before you are back to form.

Cirque said...

Welcome back 2P!

Here's hoping it's all downhill from here....figuratively speaking ;)

Steve's Stuff said...

As everyone else has mentioned, welcome back. I'm sure it will only get easier from here on in.

Gronk said...

Well done champ !

TA and the Gnome said...

Greetings, long lost brother! May the back stay upright and the phlegm disappear faster than any of us can run!! :-) :-)

Really, it's great to know that you're up and mobile again.

Gnome

Dave said...

Cue the music from "Welcome Back Kotter"!

Heaps of time to build up for six foot :)

Tesso said...

What a great sight it was to see a '1' beside your name again in my Bloglines :-)

Clairie said...

You can do it 2P....you can run again!!!

*kiss kiss hug hug*

Katie said...

Yeah....team J has missed you :-)

miners said...

Egads!! It's certainly phoenix-esque - and wonderful, wonderful news at that.

Great to have you back mate - you've been sorely missed.

Lulu said...

Yay, he lives. Don't forget the 300% rule will you;) We've got a date for a 10km PB I think and I'll be ready when you are.

Stephen Lacey said...

toot toot, streamers and party hats all round .. 2P's baaaaack!!

Ewen said...

Good to have you back 2P. :)
Hope your back remains good.

Don Juan said...

Hope all that heavy furniture is in ashes;
milkcrate seats aren't that bad after a while.

Welcome back.