Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Happy Grind

Today Total: 4k
Week Total: 4k
Month Total: 21k
Year Total: 1298k

After Sunday's run and last nights training the legs were a little leaden tonight but I was determined to get out for a trot.

Though my legs felt heavy I was able to run more of the hill tonight and all in all kept to a much more consistent pace. At the end of the run I elected to progressively speed up over the last 500m rather than extend the distance and managed 5.15 for the last k - I was panting like a St Bernard at the Equator but it's such a great feeling when you hit terminal velocity.

I'll have another go on Thursday whilst I'm in our fair nations capital.

7 comments:

Ewen said...

I was panting like a 2P in Concord this afternoon.

I know how you feel mate. Keep grinding.

Tesso said...

Were you carrying a barrel of rum around your neck ;-)

Enjoy Canberra. Its such a great place to run.

Clairie said...

See 2P - it's all coming together.

Great to see the hard slog of training is starting to become fun and giving you that great feeling!

Lulu said...

Won't be long now before you're back to your usual 6 foot conquering self :)

Don Juan said...

You'd make a good barista with the quick and steamy grind.

Enjoy thursday's run at Australia Zoo.

R2B said...

terminal velocity!
Hehe can i use that?

It is a grind but i hope it quickly gets easier for you.

Cheers R2B

TD said...

Oh, 2P, your way with words again: "I was panting like a St Bernard at the Equator but it's such a great feeling when you hit terminal velocity."

You and Sekhmet should consider a joint writing enterprise, given the way the both of you write.