Thursday, September 07, 2006

Tankety Tank

Today Total: 4k
Week Total: 8k
Month Total: 8k
Year Total: 1285k

Sheesh - well the scales still refuse to come in under triple figures but at least I took another minute and a half off Tuesdays effort (if only I could keep improving at this rate). I'm certainly at no risk of the wind blowing me over at this weight though it did cause my ears to start aching during my doddle around the golf course tonight.

I pulled up surprisingly well after Tuesday though a teency bit shin sore after training last night - I always get a bit of shin soreness when I start back up so I'm not too worried as long as I don't over do it and give my calves a good stretch they should be fine.

I forgot to mention I'm also breaking in my new bronze coloured Nimbus VIII's - man they are one butt ugly looking shoe - comfy but ;-)

How about that weather?

12 comments:

Spark Driver said...

It sounds like you are a big guy, and I have to admit that you inspired me to lose weight when I first started blogging.

Weather has been pretty crap south of the border too.

Simlin said...

your right those bronze coloured Nimbus shoes are ugly!

Ewen said...

Don't mention that weather! It was bloody miserable down at training tonight despite me being all rugged up and observing proceedings.

Tesso said...

We've only copped the wind factor up here and that was enough to drive me indoors to a treadmill. Very wussy.

Tesso said...

Oh, and I only did 5k if that makes you feel better :-)

TA and the Gnome said...

I've heard that the new Nimbus 8's are narrower than the 7's. Is that true? (I love 'em, but they;re already borderline too narrow for my feet).

Gnome

Mandy said...

bronze? must be the ugly Aussie edition.

Gronk said...

Who makes brown running shoes ? Yuk. Get em dirty real quick 2P.

Clairie said...

I think you are coming along just fine 2P.

Keep up the good work and the rewards will come (and the weight will go).

Rachel said...

Well that weather, 29 degrees on the weekend and 15 degrees on Monday. At least the good weather was when we could enjoy it.

miners said...

Hey, I'd be taking a 90 second improvement on ANY run distance in ANY circumstance :)

Katie said...

All heading in the right direction!! Will you be cheering next week?