Thursday, September 28, 2006

B +ve

Today Total: 7k
Week Total: 14k
Month Total: 47k
Year Total: 1324k

"Ohmmmmmmm, ohmmmmmmmm"

That's me trying to feel a whole lot better about tonights run than when I first finished it.

"Ohmmmmmmm, ohmmmmmmm" I'd do it in the lotus posie if I seriously didn't think my aching bloody knee joints would dislocate at the mere thought of crossing my legs.

"Ohmmmmmmm, ohmmmmmmm" that run really didn't hurt and those walk breaks were but an opportunity for me to take in more of natures beauty and smell the metaphorical roses.

"Ohmmmmmmm, ohmmmmmm" that time I picked up cadence and knee lift when the pretty girl was running towards me was not male ego - rather it was an attempt to inspire a sister runner - to feel a oneness as we both communed on a metaphysical level as fellow runners in the common cause of further, faster.

"Ohmmmmmmm, ohmmmmmmm" that retching shortly afterwards was just the bodies way of cleansing itself of negativity.

"Ohmmmmm, ohmmmmmm" - bloody ohm never looked so good as when I finally turned the corner back into my street.

Well it's done and that's about the best thing I have to report.

"Ohmmmmmmmm, ohmmmmmmmm".

9 comments:

Don Juan said...

Ummmm, it is not exactly a stellar week or month for the mileage, so it takes time to put it all together...it'll come
[finish of pot calling kettle black].

Cirque said...

What can I say? Even after all your trials you are still willing to inspire other (sister) runners.

You are a true legend.

Simlin said...

who doesn't lift cadence etc when girls are coming the other way?

miners said...

mate - you're slipping into that managerial position beautifully. Nice work on the spin ;)

R2B said...

ROTFLMAO!

classic!

Ewen said...

Metaphorical roses are my favourite. You should have picked some to give to the girl.

I borrowed your "won't be cowed by my calves" for my mantra. Luckily they didn't moo today :)

Jen said...

I'm sorry - I don't believe you - my bet is on the male ego ;-)

Samurai Running said...

Hello 2P

I've been reading your blog and web page. I liked the "about me and running" section. In fact your blog was the final inspiration for starting my own.

Also interested in how you got into running from Martial Arts. I can watch Jackie Chan or Brue Lee movies till the cows come home but I've never seen them run per se.
Did they? I did hear that "Deek" has gone the other way and is now doing Martial Arts.

I don't/have never done any just love to watch it but I did have an uncle who studied with "lawrence Lee" a so called cousin in Sydney about 35 years ago. I remember particularly because this uncle used to bust up my old surfboards for fun.

Later Scott

Gronk said...

(.......) <--- The sound of one hand clapping for your effort 2P. ;-)