Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Not So Bad

Today Total: 13k
Week Total: 21k
Month Total: 229k
Year Total: 229k

My calves and hammies have been pretty miserable over the last 2 days so I decided not to run yesterday or this morning to give them some chance to recover. I did however manage to convince myself that going for a run tonight would be a good thing - and it was :-)

I set out at an experimental pace of around 6 min per k for the first 2k to see what that felt like. It felt ok so then I jacked it up from there for what felt comfortable for the rest of the run i.e. solid run but nowhere near flat out. I ended up finishing the 13k in 1.12.22 (5.34 av) which not so long ago would have been my tempo pace. Considering the slow start I was very happy with it.

What I really need to do now is crank up the weekly mileage and hills - I'm not at panic stations yet, but I really do need to get more serious if I am going to peg a PB for Six Foot Track this year.

5 comments:

Hilda said...

It is great when you don't know how is your body going to react and it does it that way.
Good you feel happy with this workout!

Cirque said...

I'm glad you were happy with the run and your niggles are settling down.

Spud said...

Sounds like Quarry Track is calling, might see you out there?

D said...

Hey 2P - coincidentally I may have been on your site while you were on mine! Thanks for you comments. Your race is quickly approaching I see! Nice that you had a good run today - w/no pain!

Unknown said...

Hmmm...gotta start my 6 ft training which will involve getting those pom poms out of storage and practising. Don't want to injure myself like Jen did at GC last year from sudden overuse of flexor tendons...or worse...lose my voice!