Sunday, January 29, 2006

Mile High Club

Today Total: 26k
Week Total: 81k
Month Total: 289k
Year Total: 289k

Backed up with 2 laps of Quarry Road this morning to give me 81k for the week which is my biggest running week (training only) since Feb '05, but what is more pleasing is with all the cumulative ups I've also climbed in excess of a vertical mile - definitely a first in a training week for me.

Plenty of people out there today - I reckon I might set up a lemonade stall - I'd make a fortune. Spud was looking good as always and I also caught up with an indecisive Dash who is not all together sure about this Six Foot thing..

I felt really crap on the first drag up out of the creek with my calves and glutes screaming in protest and I lumbered through to the Western trail head in a personal worst first split of 50.23. I was starting to think 1 lap would do me but I got a pleasant surprise when I realised I was speeding up and the pain was was considerably less on the haul up the Eastern side..

I finished with my 2 outbound splits being:

50.23 & 49.25

And my 2 inbound splits (slightly easier) of:

47.40 & 46.18

So instead of fading like I have in the past I finished the 2nd lap 2mins 20 secs faster than the first to give me a total of 3.13.46 for the outing. The most pleasing aspect being that on weary legs this is a minute and a half course PB for me. Happy 2P :-)

I am going to back off a bit now and build up over the next 3 week cycle to make my toughest final session the 3rd week out from the race - at this stage I'm thinking either 3 laps of Quarry Rd or a return trip to the Pluviometer.

12 comments:

Jen said...

Wow, nice work 2P :-)

Wobbly man said...

Oooh, nice splits mate - that is strength!

Katie said...

Awesome 2P!! That is a big weekend of running! Enjoy an easier week you deserve it!

Tesso said...

Gees, I don't check blogs for a few days and look what my fellow team-mate gets up to! Unbelievable stuff 2P.

I was up in the Blue Mtns on Friday, if I knew you were out there somewhere I could've given you a cooee :-)

Clairie said...

Great run today 2P, certainly sounds impressive.

I am interested in you doing your toughest run 3 weeks out from Six Foot...do you recommend that for a marathon as well. Others have been telling me to do my longest (=toughest) run 4-6weeks away and then start the taper with increased quality (=speed).

Is it just different when you do ultras/hill trails or is this something that suits you better?

Spud said...

Good catching you out there too 2P, I suspected I might bump into you at some time. Good solid week behind you with lots of vertical, all bodes well for 6FT!

After doing Megalong to Pluvi return last weekend, there certainly is no substitute for getting out on the track, but I still reckon Quarry Track is as good as it gets training for 6FT in Sydney. Catch you out there again mate.

Don Juan said...

Well done on the work-rate and PB on that course.
As Gough Whitlam might say, It's Time, to make this your main gig.

CJ said...

You're right 2P, I might pay more interest to the events that I'm running! Never never assume anything!

By the way, good running. Also interesting title for your entry - should get lots of lurkers wondering what you've been up to!!!!

Horrie said...

A great run to finish off a big week 2P. You are going from strength to strength. It's looking very good for a PB at the main event.

Lulu said...

Wow, you've been very busy since I've been gallavanting! Sounds like the training is going along very nicely and I can't wait to cheer for you on the big day!

Unknown said...

You would be taken as a symbol of style and trend. The modern louis vuitton handbags have brought many of the modern bags and among them the bags made by lv" are considered to be at the top. They are perfect for every occasion and are suitable for every woman. The louis vuitton are of excellent quality and they add a lot to your personality and persona. This is something that every woman desires to have and those who cannot afford to get the original brand new ones, they can surely get the little older ones that are available at great discounts. In this way it becomes easy for you to get hold of these beautifully crafted Louis vuitton bags.

Unknown said...

Different models of Breitling price differently. The basic line refers to $500. Some masterpieces even reach to $10,000. Therefore, not everyone is affordable for such a luxury. Most of Breitling Windrider customers go to those who pay more attention to the value of Bentley 6.75 . However, Bentley Motors online offer a chance for those people with limited budget. They are exact the original ones and sold at affordable prices.

And Hardy clothing and hardy shirt perfumes by Christian Audigier. The rage for the tattoo and ink art inspired prints and designs now extend to the unique cases that these perfumes come in. A simple, elegant bottle with a no-nonsense cap, inside a case box cylinder imprinted with the hardy shirt art and the well known simple signature script. Just like the clothing and other apparel, hardy shirts perfumes also allude to that rebel biker persona, a simple and highly individual person, but riding and wearing high art.