Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Bonanza & Bitumen

Today Total: 10k
Week Total: 33k
Month Total: 33k
Year Total: 33k

Cooler misty conditions today on the lake so it was road trip time to Tuggerah. I finally managed to locate A-Mart and commenced my search for the fabled Landreth.

I found the Landreths which was great but was a little disappointed to see the sale price was $129 (Miners got them much cheaper) but I picked up the last pair in my size and also the last pair of Nimbus 7 in my size at $116 - when I went through the checkout the girl scanned them pressed some buttons and said "$60 please" - I asked her if she was sure and she said "yes", I asked her again and she looked at the receipt rolled her eyes a bit and said "yeah" with that God I'm so over this job look -  so who was I to argue?  $400+ worth of shoes for $60!!!

So thanks Miners & Myrtle for pointing me to A-.Mart and I absolutely love the Landreths. I got Mrs 2P to drop me at the Chain Valley Bay turnoff and made my way home via a circuitous route on the bitumen (mostly) - LOL this is because I didn't want to get the new Landreths dirty :-) Because they are lighter I want to keep them for racing.

I was happy with 10k in 56.01 (av 5.36) in new shoes and over some big hills. I'm intending to do a very long run on the weekend, so probably won't run again till then.

I'm missing reading other blogs but I do think of you guys often - happy training.

10 comments:

Cirque said...

You are truly blessed 2P - you must be doing something right ;)
I'm so glad you're making the most of your treasured time off work.

Tesso said...

Just where is this fabled A-Mart that is giving away shoes!?!? What a pity both were the last pair in your size.

PS See, bitumen is goooood.

PPS We're thinking of you too 2P :-)

Hilda said...

I want to go shopping there too!! Well the thing is that it is some far...

I want to hear about that long run!

Jen said...

LOL, you aren't missing much ;-)

Clairie said...

m2P dont go praising the bitumen where Tesso will read it - we are all trying to convince her to do more trails this year!!!!!

Sounds like you got a bargain. I will have to have a look at A-Mart and see what else they have left...

Katie said...

BARGIN!!!! Now that would be a shoppers high! I wish I was on holiday!!! YOu are missed... when are you back?

CJ said...

I so love a bargain - you done good!

miners said...

Another Landreth convert! Great to see mate - but don't you dare get injured in them or I'll be too ashamed to look you in the eye again.

(and yes, good move - don't want to get the pretty red shoes dirty!)

Hannah said...

hope you had a good xmas and nye! Just catching up on blogs now I'm back from the UK!

H xxx

Unknown said...

Never heard of Landreths, 2P! Seems everyone bar me knows about them! ....I hate being out of fashion! I've just bought my first trail runners & have been putting off wearing them because they'll get dirty on the trail! Tomorrow, I hope to have enough courage to do so...or maybe I'll just carry them instead! Oh dear, I do have a problem!!