Monday, January 28, 2013

Workin' in the wet

Today total: 13k
Week total: 13k
Month total: 154k
Year total: 154k

After the thrashing my mistress gave me, I promised myself I wouldn't run again until I really felt like it.

With work being crazy busy and a few other things going on, I've just felt fairly wasted until today.

But having got a few good sleeps in over the weekend I felt raring to go today. And as I am way behind on my work emails I decided to run into the office and put in a couple of hours to give me a head start on the short week.

I certainly ran more than I walked and I even ran a lot of the hills - though the first part of Lillyfield Road is beyond me just yet.

It rained the whole way - not hard - just a gentle soaking rain that was quite pleasant really. And after 2 weeks off I was pleasantly surprised by my performance.

13k in 1.31 even which also gives me an even 7 mins/km average pace - pretty happy with that.

All good :)

No comments: