Monday, August 13, 2007

My Name Is 2P & It Has Been 86 Days Since My Last Run

Hi All,

Firstly, thank you so much to all of you who have left comments, emailed or PM'd me during this last running hiatus. Secondly, apologies for not making comments on your blogs as I didn't want to draw attention to myself.

So I guess as I'm about to emerge from my cave a bit of an update is in order.....

Well the short story is I was dumb, then I was dumber. Then I was lazy which is probably the dumbest bit of all.

My first injury was as reported below - I'm not sure because I never got it x-rayed but I suspect I may have had a crack fracture in my tibia. Just as I was recovering from that (about 4 weeks) I did something I still shake my head at..... I decided to kick some fence palings in half (for the fire) by placing them over 2 bricks and stomping down in the centre - all was going swimmingly till I stomped down with all my force directly onto one of the bricks (even dumber I was wearing my leather work shoes so no cushioning) - suffice it to say I had a very tender and blue/black heel for a while. The inactivity and extra weight from not training has also meant I've had a dollop of Crook Back Syndrome as well - but now I'm just whinging.....

I probably could have run over the last 3 or 4 weeks or so but with the cold weather, some extra tonnage and loss of fitness my heart just hasn't been in it. But I can feel the stirrings of motivation (or is that just my man boobs jiggling?) after reading the Twelve Foot reports on CR and wishing I was there.

So time for a commitment - I will run either this evening (depending on what time I eventually get home) or at the very least tomorrow.

There I've done it!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to have you back 2P, everyone deserves a break, so don't be hard yourself. :)

MPH

Hamburglar said...

2P,

I have only briefly met you the once and even I was worried about you.

Glad to see you back - hope you enjoy the run!

Superflake said...

Me thinks Six Foot 2008 1st training run would be a good title. Getting in early.

Tesso said...

You could have at least called it Shagger's Back to make it sound more interesting ;-)


PS So exciting to see you name in bold in my bloglines!

Jen said...

You've been missed :-)

Rachel said...

Know what you mean. When you're down and out it feels like such a long way to get back up. Luckily it just takes one run to accelerate that motivation right?!

Glad you're back 2P :)

Spud said...

He's alive! man we missed you round here.
I was thinking of you on the track at the weekend Scott, I should shoot you an e-mail to see if you are ok, well no need now. Good to hear you're getting back into it mate.

Ewen said...

You are forgiven my son. As penance, you are to do long runs in the bush in preparation for 45km on 8 March 2008.

Extra tonnage. You mean there's more than one bag of cement? I love comebacks.

Good luck mate.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Scott, does this mean that we will see you out on a trail sometime soon,
ps W2B is next

trailblazer777 said...

my name is Trailblazer and it was 6 weeks since my last run but I am back as of yesterday. *LOL*

Six foot 2008 or 2009 is firmly on the agenda for a few of us over here in the wild west including a blogging mate of mine who is climbing mt everest this year and my best running mates who ran a 100km on trails earlier this year, and plan a 100mile trail run in a few weeks.

great to see you blogging and running again.