Monday, August 27, 2007

Best Laid Plans

I don't normally blog when I'm not running - but hey - I'm bored.

The plan had been to do a sneaky under-the-radar shot at the Lake Macquarie 10.5k on Sunday - but when I woke up I was too crook.

With hindsight it started on Friday - I was listless and unproductive at work and Friday night I felt really bloated like I'd eaten too much - same, same for Saturday.

Sunday morning and I felt ill and moped around the house (up the lake) all day till around 4.30pm when the purge commenced. I'll save you guys the detail but suffice it to say that through the night if I wasn't on the loo I was dreaming about it. Last explosive incident at 5.22am precisely - ok so I went into a little detail.

Slept most of today and feel really blah. Only had one banana and a slice of mountain bread since dinner time Saturday night - been keeping the fluids up though and drank some softdrink for the sugar.

At this rate I can't see myself running before Wednesday or Thursday which is a bit frustrating as I want to keep the momentum going.

Sometimes I think karma is just messing with me to see how fair dinkum I am!

10 comments:

Jen said...

Why is it that we know that but karma hasn't yet worked that out about you? ;-P

TA and the Gnome said...

...but that leaves us wondering why you knew it was 5:22am precisely... Do you have a clock in there?? :-)

Rest up. Right now there's bits of you that don't need any more momentum.

Gnome

Tesso said...

Thanks for sharing :-)

Hope you are back on the road soon.

Clairie said...

Take care 2P. Don't run until you really feel like better and you will enjoy it all the more.

Gronk said...

Karma doesn't exist (except in that Boy George song). You'll be back on the road in no time 2P.

Vicky said...

OMG 2P, so thats where you've been all this time - in the toilet! Seriously, good to hear you are back running after your (self inflicted) injuries! Not so good about the recent bout of tummy trouble, but hopefully that is now all behind you (so to speak!)

I have no doubt that "you'll be back' !!

Cheers, MAR.

Simlin said...

Sounds like there is a bout of gastro going around...hope you get back out there soon mate.

Spark Driver said...

I heard on the news that there is a bad case of gastro around at the moment. They just didn't mention how 2P started it!

Ewen said...

5.22am is detail enough. Thanks for that.

Superflake said...

No good mate. Hope you get better soon.