Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Chip Chip

Today Total: 6k
Week Total: 6k
Month Total: 32k
Year Total: 769k

After 3 days of no solid food I ventured back to work today feeling much more chipper and just under 3kgs lighter than what I was on Saturday morning.

Turns out 7 people from my wife's work also came down with similar symptoms and needed to take time off from work after we all went out for dinner on Friday night.

Anyhoo despite eating normally today I felt pretty weary when I got home but I was really keen to at least turn the legs over, so I headed out with the intention of just going for walk/run for 20 mins or so.

Having not run since last Thursday I took off a bit quick and before I knew it had gone through 3k in 17.41 - ooops.

I knew I was going to pay for this folly and after a 15 second breather was thinking about the lurch home when a chap all camelbacked and fuel belted up came trotting by.

I watched him go thinking how I'd like to be doing a mid week long run and as I watched I realised he was going at an easy pace I could probably keep up with him - so I accelerated (a relative term) and said "g'day".

Turns out Greg is a tri-guy training for IM and had already run and swam this morning so was happy to plod along and keep me company.

Even trotting at 6.15/6.20 pace had me breathing like a fat labrador but the company kept me honest and though I really struggled over the last k I made it home in 36.48 @ 6.08av.

Feel pretty good now though :-)

11 comments:

running uphill said...

Hi 2P great to see you back, have missed your comments and advice (and of course reading about your running).

Sounds like you're back into it too!

blues buffett said...

Those food episodes sometimes help a drastic weight loss plan. Be careful you don't waste away in Margaritaville...

Gronk said...

"..breathing like a fat labrador" LOL. Yeah I can relate to that.

miners said...

great to hear you feeling better mate - and even better to see you've picked up a decent running partner ;)

Stephen Lacey said...

Good job. Don't chip too hard or you'll break of a big piece and knock the whole work out of shape.

Tesso said...

That's not good about everyone being sick. Have you reported the restaurant/cafe where you ate? Or at least let them know?

Nice work on the run by the way.

Rachel said...

Ooh, that's bad luck. Not fun.

Unknown said...

I can almost see your tail wagging!

Ewen said...

I like "Dunno". Better than dunny ;)

Have you patented that way of losing 3kgs of cement?

Good improvement - 4 hours 36 mins 6' pace!

undercover brother said...

oh this is great!
back running.
back blogging.
breathing like a fat labrador.
well maybe not the last bit.
welcome back mate.

Anonymous said...

Your Back, or almost,you know the rules, just keep trying and sooner or later you will get there. if you fancy a steep slow run on Sunday, myself (post w2b) and a few damaged friends have intentions of strolling along Quarry rd. but very slowly.
otherwise see you out on a trail somewhere