Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Almost Twice The Separation

Today Total: 6kms
Week Total: 14kms
Month Total: 6kms
Year Total: TBA - I need to recount

The mercury was tipping 41 when I headed out this arvo - so if yesterday I figure I was 6 degrees over what is reasonable - today was 11!

On my run/walk thin gees lately I've headed out pretty much as hard as I can till I bonk and then struggle home any way I can - today I took a different approach given the weather - you can't control the elements but you can work with them and still have a good time. So I headed out soft keeping the first 3kms down to 7:30 each.

It was a pretty good strategy because I was feeling pretty comfy till the right Twin started to bitch and complain and I had to start to walk more. By the end of the 6th k it was all over red rover as the right Twin was threatening a full dummy spit - probably the universe unfolding as it should as the weather was a tad extreme for running. I actually covered 8kms but as I didn't run any of the last 2 I didn't count them in my tally.

It was kind of interesting because the bike track that is normally teaming with people was deserted - only saw 3 bike riders and 1 others jogger in all the time I was out when I'd normally see them in their tens. Massey Park Golf Course looked like the day after a neutron bomb strike - not a single player in sight.

Greet fun though - I had a ball!

All good :)

2 comments:

Dave said...

Good to see you back 2P.

Bloody hot weather for a comeback!

Ewen said...

I'm a confirmed soft start runner. Haven't got the speed for any other method these days. Glad the right twin survived.