Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bad to Worse

Well the old 2P's has gone from bad to worse......

I'm not given to complaining - but I am in pain and don't know why.

My shoulders still hurt, my feet joined them last week and now my hands are well..... throwing their hand in too.

Doctors don't have a clue - I've been treated for everything from gout to a staph infection and many things in-between. Due to a stuff up the world supply of blood tests didn't get back in time yesterday till after my doctor knocked off so I'll have to wait till Monday to see if there are any answers there?

I've taken gout meds, anti-inflammatories, antibiotics, Panadeine forte, Valium - I've tried ice, I've tried difflam. At best they make the pain bearable but it is always there.

Went to work Wednesday night (Board Meeting), Thursday & Friday and each time, by the time I got home - well let's just say I wasn't presenting as a big tough guy....

I'm even finding it almost impossible to play guitar - but I'm persisting.

Anyhoo - as I'm want to quote "pain is mandatory, suffering is optional" - I'm keeping my focus - I really want to do Hellgate in April even if I only walk it.

Hopefully I'll get an answer soon.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Sounds strange. Hope the docs come up with an answer. Blood tests found my thyroid problem, but pain and suffering wasn't a symptom, just plain tiredness.